Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Who uses Wipeout and what is the verdict? >

Who uses Wipeout and what is the verdict?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Who uses Wipeout and what is the verdict?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Who uses Wipeout and what is the verdict?

I think this stuff is the best thing since sliced bread. I do use it in conjunction with a carbon killer like Hoppes Elite or Hoppes # 9 but for everyday cleaning it is impossible to beat IMHO.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:01 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Who uses Wipeout and what is the verdict?

Its pretty awesome stuff. I have used it for 4 years now or so. Only bad thing about it, is when it gets close to 1/4 empty, I found sometimes not that effective for some odd reason.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

What is wipeout? Is it a foam?

Tom

Old 01-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wipeout foam bore cleaner

Only bad thing about it, is when it gets close to 1/4 empty, I found sometimes not that effective for some odd reason.
Have not experienced that yet but I could see that happening. I am running low on it now and have to reorder it . I am going to try patchout for the first time and the accelerator. Only gripe I have is I wish they had the same hose that gunslick has ..I am always improvising some sort of soda straw.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:45 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Wipeout foam bore cleaner

Only bad thing about it, is when it gets close to 1/4 empty, I found sometimes not that effective for some odd reason.
Have not experienced that yet but I could see that happening. I am running low on it now and have to reorder it . I am going to try patchout for the first time and the accelerator. Only gripe I have is I wish they had the same hose that gunslick has ..I am always improvising some sort of soda straw.
It only happened on one can. I sent it back to paulco and they sent me a new can. From now on, I shake the crap out of it to make sure that don't happen.

I went to home depot and bought some hose of different size for diff guns. You can take the bigger size hose and push it over the smaller to get your desired size. Like my 204 for instance, the hose fits in teh chamber tight so I don't have any waste or any of it coming back out of the chamber onto my action or wood.

Because its not good on wood.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

When time is not an issue I use Wipeout for copper fouling. If I need it done quicker I prefer Montana Extreme 50BMG, the most aggressive copper solvent I've ever used.

I don't use Wipeout as a do-all cleaner like some folks do. I prefer first cleaning for powder fouling with MPro-7 (same as Hoppes Elite) or Shooters Choice.The folks who make Wipeout now have their owndedicated powder solvent called Carb-Out I believe. I'm going to give it atry one of these days.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

It only happened on one can. I sent it back to paulco and they sent me a new can. From now on, I shake the crap out of it to make sure that don't happen.
Last can of wipeout I used evidently didn't clean as well as I had thought. 2 weeks ago I purchased Wipeout,Accelerator and Patchout. I used patchout on my Abolt in 25-06 a gun I had cleaned with an almost empty can of wipeout a few weeks ago, based on previous experience I assumed the gun was squeaky clean.2 weeks later I fired the gun twice and then ran a patch with accelerator followed byPatchout thru the bore and let it sit 20 minutes. Yep it came up blue. Repeated the operation and it still came up blue. Brought it home and ran Patchout w/accelerator twice thru the bore, brushed the bore to remove carbon buildup and ran Wipeout twice againand finally there is no blue patch . What is funny is the Sako was cleaned a few weeks back with that same almost empty can of wipeout and there was not one iota of blue or junk in that bore when I ran patchout thru it today. Either the Abolt has a rough bore(I don't think so) or Hornady 25-06 factory ammo is nasty. I think I am going to have to brush the bore on the Abolt with a nylon brush a few times while cleaning with patchout . I think the SAko is a three patch gun
Old 01-31-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started using Gunslick foam. I found it worked pretty good but what I like is that the brass jag doesn't take a beating compared to using Barns CR 10 or Sweets...
Old 02-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I started using Gunslick foam. I found it worked pretty good but what I like is that the brass jag doesn't take a beating compared to using Barns CR 10 or Sweets
Not sure which of the companies license this stuff from Sharpshootr but it may be Gunslick. I personally don't like the smell of CR10,Sweets or 50BMG and the potential harmful effects it can have if not removed completely from the bore. The jag does take a beating when using it and may indicate copper is present when it is just the patch soaked with solvent on the jag that is causing it. I think the only hitch with Wipeout is once you start using it to always use it and not switch around. I also think one should buy a quality synthetic bore brush(s) from a place like Sinclair Intl and use their patchout solvent to remove excess carbon. The less brushing and cleaning the better the bore condition.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm going to have to give this a try. So far the best thing I have found to take out copper fouling was Hoppe's Elite (metal fouling remover). But this stuff sounds even better. My Browning A bolt 325 WSM is terrible for getting copper fouling. I'm assuming its the 200 gr Nosler Accubonds I'm shooting out of it. But they are the most accurate. The only other bullets that come close to matching it are 220 gr Sierras.

Quick Reply: Who uses Wipeout and what is the verdict?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.