Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning Abolt in 25-06 >

Browning Abolt in 25-06

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning Abolt in 25-06

Old 01-03-2008, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Browning Abolt in 25-06

Well I was determined to buy either a combo varmint/medium game gun or a pure varmint rifle. The combo gun won out. I was lucky to find one of these(abolt composite stalker) since all the Browning dealers around me are sold out of 25-06 Abolts and they are waiting on the new Xbolts. I have always wanted the 24" barrel and really didn't want the 22" barrel alternative that a lot of otherwise great guns offer. I will be putting it to work in a few weeks on coyote and Deer. The pure varmint rifle will be next.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Browning Abolt in 25-06

My first 25-06 was a old A-Bolt .It was not the medallion.I loved the round the gun was beautiful .But I have always been a trigger freak.You could not get an after market trigger for it.It had to be honed by a smith.So I let it go.I wish I would have kept it anyway.Now I think the A-Bot II ? has an adjustable trigger might have toget another Brownie Bolt.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Swampdog

My first 25-06 was a old A-Bolt .It was not the medallion.I loved the round the gun was beautiful .But I have always been a trigger freak.You could not get an after market trigger for it.It had to be honed by a smith.So I let it go.I wish I would have kept it anyway.Now I think the A-Bot II ? has an adjustable trigger might have toget another Brownie Bolt.
I have an A-Bolt composite stalker in 25-06 and replaced the original trigger spring with one from timney. While I had the trigger out of the yoke, I took some jewelers rouge on a q-tip and cleaned up the sides of the yoke ond the trigger. Now it breaks very clean at3.1 lbs with no creep. The kit came with a 2lb and a 3lb spring. I'll put the 2lb in now that deer seasons over and ground hawg season is right around the corner.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

have an A-Bolt composite stalker in 25-06 and replaced the original trigger spring with one from timney. While I had the trigger out of the yoke, I took some jewelers rouge on a q-tip and cleaned up the sides of the yoke ond the trigger. Now it breaks very clean at3.1 lbs with no creep.
Hopefully it will have a decent trigger when I pick it up tomorrow. If not I think my gunsmith took about 5 minutes to fix it .
Old 01-04-2008, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Every Browning I have ever owned needed a little trigger work...then again every rifle I have ever owned has needed trigger work. I suppose I am pretty picky about my triggers too!

Great gun, great caliber...I'm sure you will be happy!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Every Browning I have ever owned needed a little trigger work...then again every rifle I have ever owned has needed trigger work. I suppose I am pretty picky about my triggers too!

Great gun, great caliber...I'm sure you will be happy!

Thanks. This will be my 3rd and still trying to get it right with a 25-06. Should be about perfect for where I deerhunt NC and AL. I don't have a shot past 150 yards in either place. I also plan on using it on coyotes and pronghorn.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

My last A-Bolt I bought in November had a very good trigger on it from the factory. I was really pleased with it anyway. My finger-o-meter guesses it to break right around the 3lb mark. Mine is the 25-06s super short an fat brother tho
Old 01-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

My last A-Bolt I bought in November had a very good trigger on it from the factory. I was really pleased with it anyway. My finger-o-meter guesses it to break right around the 3lb mark. Mine is the 25-06s super short an fat brother tho
Oh CDNN just sold out of those Abolts in 25 WSSM so I ended up having to call every Browning dealer in my home state and found one ..it is the old conventional boring long version.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have the Composite Stalker in 308. I love the gun. I think you will be happy with it.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Update on the trigger...I ordered a Timney spring kit from Midway(they were the cheapest) and installed the heavy spring(blue) on my rifle. The pull is very nice but it is at 2 1/2 lbs., the light spring does 1 1/2 lbs..I didn't mess with the adjustment screw to see if I could make it 3 lbs but may do that this weekend. Makes a world of difference from a little over 4 lbs.

Quick Reply: Browning Abolt in 25-06

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.