Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ruger or Savage hunting rifle >

Ruger or Savage hunting rifle

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger or Savage hunting rifle

Old 01-07-2008, 10:25 PM

Default RE: Ruger or Savage hunting rifle

Go with a Ruger.....it is tryuly a great firearms company. I recently shot a M77 Hawkeye and it was a joy to shoot.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:42 AM
Banned

OKieJako,
CDNN Sports, Inc is a gun distributor: http://www.targetsportsinc.com,
As is Davidsons in Prescott, AZ.

You may find what you are looking for at either distributor but you would still need to have it sent to your local dealer (FFL). The "Gallery of Guns" link
http://www.galleryofguns.com/gunlocator/locatorstart.asp
that JohnnyBravoo77 speaks of is Davidsons' civilian website and will help you find a dealer in your area that can order a firearm and transfer it to you.
I just checked the Davidsons dealer site and they have a couple model M77's in 7MM/08 on sale until 31JAN08.

BTW, Davidsons is the largest RUGER distributor that I know of.

Side note: My oldest Son is stationed in OKC at Tinker AFB, I've been to OKC twice, How did I miss Outdoor America??? I made it to BP, Sportsmans WH and Academy. Where was Outdoor America.

Hope this helps, VTgao
Old 01-10-2008, 06:20 PM

Thanks for the info.Outdoor America is on Macarthur. Just a little North of NW 10th street. They have been around a long time. Wall to wall guns. Really a nice place to go but sometimes there are just too many people there.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:43 PM

I used to think the world of Rugers. Super value. Well made. All the good things. Then about 5 years abo I bought another new one. Worst POS I ever shot. (Or tried to shoot would be more accurate) One of the happiest days of my life was trading it off for a Winchester. I'll never trust Ruger again. IMHO they are a company going down hill fast and not producing anything like the quality they once did.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buy the savage
Old 01-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have thge Ruger in .338 WM and love that thing!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:37 PM

Now I am thinking about going with the Tikka. I checked 2 places. One place said they were backordered until April. The other place said they didn't make a Tikka in 7mm-08. The first place said $519 as of now but may be different by April. The other place had some listed at $479. That is for the blue. Stainless is about $90 more. I know a guy that sells guns but mostly Brownings. I am going to call him next week.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: okiejaco

Stainless is about $90 more.
In my opinion, it would be worth every penny.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

Have you checked with Gene Sears in El Reno. They carry a lot of models and have very good prices.
phone 405-262-2647
Old 01-24-2008, 07:45 PM

I am going to get a Browning Stalker in 7mm-08 with a 3x9 Buckmaster scope. A friend of the family has a gun shop and said the Browning is only a $100-$125 more than the Savageand a lot better gun. My son has a A-Bold Medallion that is really nice. It is going to be a little more money than I had planned but I am happy about the deal. My Dad even offered to pay the difference. You can't beat a deal like that. It will probably be a few weeks before I get it.

Quick Reply: Ruger or Savage hunting rifle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.