Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning Xbolt and new Model 70 >

Browning Xbolt and new Model 70

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning Xbolt and new Model 70

Old 12-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Browning Xbolt and new Model 70

No elkhunter now that you mention it, it probably would cost more than 1500 bucks. But I doubt if the belgian workers make as much as american workers. US worker (especially in fields controlled by the unions) are some of the highest paid employees in the world. Your averageauto worker makes about 23%more than your average car worker in Europe, Japan and Korea. And the autoproduct isn't any better here (and is usually worse). I ususally buy American cars but I have no illusions about GM building a better car than toyota....They do not.
You might want to check a salary survey those people make a lot of money and pay a lot of taxes too[:@]I would rather have an American car then a European car any day of the week. Your absolutely right about our disposable society, that's why we are in the fix we are in.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:44 PM

I probably would take an american car over a german but would take a honda or toyota over anything. Hey at least they are made in USA whereas very few Chevy's and Fords are anymore!. Anyway I did some research on auto worker's salaries during the last UAW strike. That is hwere I found the info on auto workers worldwide. The other speculation of European factory workers comes from Europeans I know, and some still live there. I could be wrong and my control group was not a big one
Old 12-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I probably would take an american car over a german but would take a honda or toyota over anything. Hey at least they are made in USA whereas very few Chevy's and Fords are anymore!.

I agree that's what is in my garage. I am almost ashamed to say I bought my wife a new Volvo wagon a few years back. After about 3 years of owningthat nonsense it is probably a part of someones barbecue grill would bemy best guess.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

The Browning and Winchesters rifles look ok I personally will stay with my Ruger and Sako rifles as for the vehicles I will keep my Ford's as for the union aspect if you have never worked for union negotiated wages please do not be judgemental towards unions after all they are what built this great country we live in just my 2 cents worth chad