Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 what state would you pick >

what state would you pick

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what state would you pick

Old 12-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what state would you pick

seems like montana is a populer place
ORIGINAL: glockman55

Montana,
Old 12-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

what do you mean
ORIGINAL: Carpmaster

east montana....whats with the double posts!?
Old 12-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

I've never hunted anywhere other then New York State so I can't speak on experience. If I could buy a place to hunt other then NY, I'd like a place that I could hunt white tail deer, black bear and wild boar. I gotta have a little snow once in a whiletoo and no snakes, I don't like snakes. I also would like a place where you only use a shotgun forshooting SHOT, I hate slug guns. I don't know Northern or WesternVirginia along the West Virginia line,West Virginia, Eastern Kentucky or Eastern Tennessee. Again I've never hunted in any of theseplaces. Maybe I've got it all wrong. [/align]
Old 12-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

i hate snakes in ky we had black timber rattle snakes which i thinka re a cross between black timber snake big but not deadly with the rattle snake which we all know of i saw many of these dead on the road but never any alive
ORIGINAL: New York Hunter

I've never hunted anywhere other then New York State so I can't speak on experience. If I could buy a place to hunt other then NY, I'd like a place that I could hunt white tail deer, black bear and wild boar. I gotta have a little snow once in a whiletoo and no snakes, I don't like snakes. I also would like a place where you only use a shotgun forshooting SHOT, I hate slug guns. I don't know Northern or WesternVirginia along the West Virginia line,West Virginia, Eastern Kentucky or Eastern Tennessee. Again I've never hunted in any of theseplaces. Maybe I've got it all wrong.
[/align]
Old 12-27-2007, 07:13 PM

If money weren't an issue, I'd get some land in Colorado that had a trout stream and plenty of elk. Because I live in Kansas I am presently looking for land in SE KS.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I had the money, I'd buy land in Buffalo county or on land in NW wisconsin. Some of the best Whitetail genetics in the country along with nearly perfect mineral content to grow huge bucks with huge racks. Also some of the best trout streams in the country are in that area and just to the north in the 'Coulee' country along the Mississippi river. The area is just to the east and north is pockmarked with large numbers of lakes full of smallmouth, panfish, walleye and muskies. We had a 3 day weekend trip with 5 of us that pulled over 400 (I caught over 50 of them just flyfishing )legal sized smallmouths, 2 dozen northern, 2 muskies, and as many bluegills as we could eat.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

The lowcountry of South Carolina. Deer season is from August 15 to January 1. No limits on Bucks and lots of doe days plus can buy 4 doe tags for non doe days. Great fishing with Santee Cooper lakes and good fishing off the coast.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Go west young man, go west. There is still a lot of public land out west and the western states have a better veriety of game to hunt. West being west of the rocky mountains.