Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Gun's you buy at a dealer and don't >

Gun's you buy at a dealer and don't

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Gun's you buy at a dealer and don't

Old 12-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Gun's you buy at a dealer and don't

Have to dork with them or have a Gunsmith get involved (trigger jobs,bedding adjustments). Just buy the appropriate rings or mounts and go with it and it usually has a trigger in the 3lb range from the factory. I am not going to include semi-custom rifles on this list because they don't get purchased over the counter. Here is my list. I have owned every one listed but the TikkaLet me know if I left one out and why ?
[ol][*]Any Sako(including the 85)[*]Any Tikka[*]Browning Abolt[*]CZ 550[*]Weatherby Mk V[*]Savage bolt(owned one 110and probably never will again) but it has a user adjustable trigger[*]Ar-15 as per Ridge Runner[/ol]
Old 12-24-2007, 11:42 AM

Default RE: Gun's you buy at a dealer and don't

I don't think I've ever bought a rifle that I didn't adjust the trigger on.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why not a Remington 700???? Or a Ruger??
Old 12-24-2007, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never bought a rifle without having a trigger job done myself. I think the only ones on that list Id try would be the CZ and the Sakos. The one Weatherby I got is enough to wean me from ever wanting another. Just not real excited about the Brownings...too pretty to carry in the woods...lol.
Old 12-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

I have never bought a rifle without having a trigger job done myself. I think the only ones on that list Id try would be the CZ and the Sakos. The one Weatherby I got is enough to wean me from ever wanting another. Just not real excited about the Brownings...too pretty to carry in the woods...lol.
No such thing as too pretty! Just take care of em, and I dont mean baby them...
Old 12-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

oldelk, if the new triggers on the ruger are what they are made out to be then I would say it fits the bill...
Old 12-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Carp...they sure do have a pretty piece of wood on them. I have a BAR that was one of the first gunsI ever bought in1989 (Belgium made FN I think?)that has never even been shot..lol. I think it is actually made in the early 80's. I got plenty of black ugly guns to take out and hunt in the mud and rain with. To be honest I dont even know how the Brownings group....Im gonna plead ignorance...lol.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:02 PM
bigcountry

I buy and sell alot and most if not 90% of my guns are used. I try to never waste the moneysomeone pays on a new one. Too many people I see at the ranges that will sell on a whim for 200-300 what they paid.

I have never had any work on my sako either. I also have a older 700, I will put up against anyone with no work. Its rare but it happens. I have had several A-bolts, and I have rebedded them myself this year.(thru the help of ridgerunner and PA onhere, thanks guys) Factory bedding sucks. but a few hours work and those flyers you get after 2 rounds go away. Encores have been the worst for me to have to have work done.

Old 12-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

How are the A-Bolt triggers Big? Adjustable? Pretty good out of box?
Old 12-24-2007, 02:41 PM
bigcountry

DD, I have never had to adjust any, so never looked into it. My 308 Medallion is right at 4lbs. My 7mm Rem in A-Bolt stalker is little heavy. But none have creep.

Quick Reply: Gun's you buy at a dealer and don't

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.