Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

SAKO 85 ?

Old 12-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SAKO 85 ?

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I plan on gettin one soon.
You’ve mentioned this before and find it kind of strange. Don’t you usually look for a good deal on a rifle. I’m not sure you would get one for a good price on one at this time being the 85’s are new...
Old 12-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

wacked it and dropped it on the floor and about anything you can do with a rifle except hit it with a claw hammer and that magzine didn't move.
I‘ve never had any problems with mine either...
Old 12-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

You’ve mentioned this before and find it kind of strange. Don’t you usually look for a good deal on a rifle. I’m not sure you would get one for a good price on one at this time being the 85’s are new...
+1
Old 12-24-2007, 04:25 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: trailer

Who knows. I like to go to estate sales. Never know what you find. I have a brother who buys 10K of guns a year, and just follow him around, and you can get some good deals. Sorry Chuck, you know its true brother. For instance, he bought this nice 460, last year, and got tired of it, and I got it for an excellent price. Only a few months old. Never know when I might get a big bonus. I buy what I want, when I want.

Don't you do the same? I guess it makes no sense what your saying. If you have something to say, say it. Its really that easy.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: trailer

Who knows. I like to go to estate sales. Never know what you find. I have a brother who buys 10K of guns a year, and just follow him around, and you can get some good deals. Sorry Chuck, you know its true brother. For instance, he bought this nice 460, last year, and got tired of it, and I got it for an excellent price. Only a few months old. Never know when I might get a big bonus. I buy what I want, when I want.

Don't you do the same? I guess it makes no sense what your saying. If you have something to say, say it. Its really that easy.
No hidden message in my sentence... I meant what I said. Trying to find a new 85 Sako for a good price is not easy to come by, being that they just came out and if I’m not mistaken in a 300 W.M. makes it even worst. Looking for a 75 Sako wouldn’t be a problem in a 85, now that’s a task. You explained it well with the help of your brother and you’re lucky because of that. Good luck...
Old 12-25-2007, 05:54 AM
bigcountry

No Problem. Merry Christmas to all. I probably am going to get coal in my stocking.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:55 PM

Just don't own a sako, thought the 85 had nice new features, but often with new features come new problems. Wanted a little feedback about the new features from those who owned one.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:07 PM
Spike

I just bought a Sako 85 stainlessin .25-06. I could care less about whether or not it's a true CRF,as long as it positively feedsand extracts cartridges.Smoothest action I've ever seen; it makes my Weatherby Mark V feel like a Remington 710 (slight exaggeration, but MAN is it smooth).

I actually like themagazine locking feature. You get the hang of it quickly, soI'm not sure why so manypeople are complaining about this feature.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:26 PM
bigcountry

Only thing that has me slightly concerned Richard is the lack of recoil lug. I am sure sako did their homework. But we see a big wide recoil lug on every gun. It makes us feel good. On this, all you have is a little bit of metal connecting to the action screws. Let us know how it shoots.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can someone fill me in on how the locking lug is different?

Quick Reply: SAKO 85 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.