Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 DRT Frangible Ammo >

DRT Frangible Ammo

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

DRT Frangible Ammo

Old 03-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DRT Frangible Ammo

Hey look on the bright side- your moronic and insulting rantings probably lost you a few hundred potentialcustomers. I would have been interested in trying DRT ammo out, especiallyin the AR-15 for hunting, and I'm sure others had interest for their own reasons as well, but most people- me in my drug hazed existance included, are turned off by obnoxious ranting instead of straightforward well conceived answers to questions.

buh-bye.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

How far do the pistol bullets penetrate? Are they designed just like the rifle bullets? I know that their have been some concerns over the use of tungsten the past couple of years, is this the primary core powder, or do you use something else? Also curious what other calibers you might come out with. Thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 02:31 PM
S1

Briman - your posts are so well concieved you could be a 7 year old playing on his mommies computer. You probably should not be handling bullets of any type, and I know that no intelligent man would buy your immature BS, much less make buying decisions based on your crap. I don't care what a fool like you buys or thinks.

Once again, the BS of amatuers, does not trump the work of real professionals.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL. I guess I'll continue to feed the troll.

Once again, the BS of amatuers, does not trump the work of real professionals.
Here's S1 on a testing assignment:

Old 03-21-2008, 02:47 PM

johnnybravoo - the pistol bullets are designed to penetrate 1 1/2 to 3 inches then disperse in the body cavity. While the rifle bullets are hollow point the pistol bullets are truncated. At present we are producing .223, 30/30, 30/06, 300 WinMag, 308, 300 H&H, we are waiting on the tooling for 243 and 270. In pistol we are producing 9mm, 38 special, 40 SW, and 45 ACP. The core is a blend of Tungsten and Tin Powder with the Tin powder as the binder.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:56 PM
S1

briman - You have not brought one intelligent question to this thread, and continue to show your immaturity. You have no experience or knowledge about the topic of this thread, so why are you here? Your ego won't let you go? Or is it your lack of self worth that drives you to your foolishness?

Once again, your amatuer moronic behavior, does not trump real experience and knowledge.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

<deleted>
Old 03-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sharpone2

Okay; first off S1 did not make the comment about the "gut shot" I did. I do not advocate this, I was refering tofeed back from hunters that have used our ammo. They mention making a "gut shot" to avoid meat loss from use of our ammo. To address the bone issue. The round requires hydraulic pressure ie "body fluid" to open and disperse in the wound cavity. Until body fluids are introduced via the hollow point in the round the round keeps on trucking. When the round impacts an object more dense that the core of the round itself ie stone, steel, etc. it does "disentegrate" on impact leaving just some copper jacketing and very little of that. The powder that makes up the core is so fine (320 micron mesh) it is actually finer than a ladies face powder, there is a negligible amount that would be ingested from meat harvested with this round. Yes, there are discrepencies in the article "Building a Better Bullet". We were not priveledged with the opportunity to review the article before publication, but by and large the article does a very good job of describing the technology behind and the results of use of this ammo. Which is why it is on our web site. Yes, the ammo has been in use by DefGru since the mid '90s. It cannot be approved for use by the frontline troops due to the Hague convention and the fact that it is a hollow point. Dr. Martin Fackler did in fact work on the Terminal ballistics of this round. Anyone who wishes to contact me off list, I will be glad to provide them with a picture of a soap block that Dr. Fackler shot with one of our 79 grain .223s showing the resulting wound cavity. The web site has been slow in getting fully published, this happens when working with someone who has too many irons in the fire and is not charging you anything. The new website should be up in the next week or so. We are not "hiding" anything or putting a load of BS out there. The gentleman who claims to have seen us at a Gun show, I would like to know where this was, as the only "Shows we have been involved in are the Arkansas Tactical Officers Conference, SWAT Roundup International, and Safari Club International Convention in Reno back in January, with the exception of a live fire demo for the American Sniper Association and Crosshairs.org in New Hampshire back in November. I'm not saying that he didn't see something like ours, but I do not know of any Gun Shows that we have been involved in. We have several hunters in Africa right now using our 300 WinMag on Plains Game. Yes, in the one testimonial on the web site the Deer did wander about 20 yards from where it was shot, and it was shot with a 79 grain not an 87 grain .223. The .223 is legal in South Carolina and he wished to try it, he said in his testimonial he would prefer using the heavier 87 grain in the future. The 79 grain .223 will work as an excellent Deer round but is on the small side for this application, thus the Deer wandering a short distance from point of shot. The 79 grain leaves a wound cavity slightly smaller than a football in size.
Thanks Sherpone, thats all we were asking for. I would have tried out the .243's on yotes, but after S1 theres not a chance at that. I wish you would have posted first.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:51 PM

jeepkid, I am sorry to hear this. I didn't hear about this until today. We have several out there that are using our .223 on yotes with great success. If you wish to contact me off list I would be glad to provide you with contact information on those using the ammo at present. I am not here to defend S1 other than to say he had nothing to do with the misconception over the "gut shot" and to say that he has not spread any BS about our product. It is what we claim it is and we have shown this time and again to many in the Law enforcement community. If I knew of a gathering of hunters where we could demo like we do with Law enforcement we would be glad to do so. Also, when we demo for Law enforcement, we insist on using their weapon systems so that there is no question of us using tricked out weapons.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Sharpone2,

It is too bad you associate with S1. I would have probably tried your product but, not now. You seem to be an alright guy by looking at your post but, as the old saying goes if you lie with dogs don’t be surprised if you get fleas. If S1 had anything to do with it I cannot support it. Sorry, I just can’t deal with any company that would support, condone, or associate with that type of person.

mello

ps. Your knives are pure art work. I loved the Damascus Bowie

Quick Reply: DRT Frangible Ammo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.