Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 End times are coming folks >

End times are coming folks

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

End times are coming folks

Old 12-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default End times are coming folks

I am entertaining the thought of purchasing a Tikka T3. I must be getting soft[&:]
Old 12-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: End times are coming folks

by your title i figured you would be buying a ar15 lol
Old 12-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

I am entertaining the thought of purchasing a Tikka T3. I must be getting soft[&:]
I think I might buy one too, after my .243 AI get finished. They just seem like a great "throw in the truck" type of rifle.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think I might buy one too, after my .243 AI get finished. They just seem like a great "throw in the truck" type of rifle.

Bingo...I'm buying it because I don't have to play with it , just mount a scope and go whitetail hunting. The trigger,lugs lapped,action bedded, redone crown etc etc etc gets old after awhile with the other brands. I am thrilled as can be with my Sakos and this is an accurate trouble free rifle as well.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:06 PM
bigcountry

I know, I won't buy one. As you said when they came out, they feel cheap. I got lots of rifles so its not like I have to go buy one or I won't be able to hunt.Little over adozen maybe right now, and I love takin all of them out and admiring them. I wouldn't with a tikka.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

You want what you want. Who's to blame you? Besides, if your T3 shoots like those we hear about 'round these parts, you'll be tickled with it!

As for me, I've just contacted Savage about sending them back the 11F I bought this past Summer. It won't do any better than 2½" groups, with many well over 4". I bought that rifle for the promise of having a knock-about truck rifle, that would shoot far better than it's price would suggest. I knew it didn't feel very natural in my hands, but I rationalized that I'd find a better-feeling stock for it if it proved to be an outstanding shooter. Such as it is, it'll likely go down the road to a new owner. And I've gained a newfound appreciation for my go-to gun.

It feels right, it shoots wonderfully, and it gives me confidence every time I shoulder it. Ididn't intentionally set outto be a 1-gun hunter, but it looks like I might end up that way.

Good luck with your T3. We'll expect regular range reports!

FC
Old 12-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know, I won't buy one. As you said when they came out, they feel cheap. I got lots of rifles so its not like I have to go buy one or I won't be able to hunt.Little over adozen maybe right now, and I love takin all of them out and admiring them. I wouldn't with a tikka.
The only reservation I have is the magazine.I still can't understand how no one is selling aftermarket "METAL" parts for the triggerguard and bolt shroud cover. ANyway enough people own them that I am comfortable with it, even I am nottoo fixed in my ways ............Yet. It also looks so darn utilitarian .I am glad you gave a dissenting answer though.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

DAMN dont scare me, I thought you were gonna say you thought Hilliary was gonna get voted in for sure!
Old 12-21-2007, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

It’s ok OEH , we won’t laugh... I just received my Tikka a couple week ago and I like it. Just couldn’t pass up the deal. Haven’t shot it yet. It’s the varmint model and I was glad to find a company that has custom stocks for this model. It won’t look the same once I’m finished with it if it goes my way...[8D]
Old 12-21-2007, 06:23 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: End times are coming folks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.