Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Ammo prices...Yikes >

Ammo prices...Yikes

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ammo prices...Yikes

Old 12-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Spike

Default Ammo prices...Yikes

Last year I purchased (local Gander Mt.)a box of Rem. 260 accu tip ammo for $22.95. This year the same ammo is $39.95. Unreal..Gettin to be a rich mans sport!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ammo prices...Yikes

Tell me about it, I shoot action pistol and burn some rounds shooting matches and practice.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: steelerzzz

Last year I purchased (local Gander Mt.)a box of Rem. 260 accu tip ammo for $22.95. This year the same ammo is $39.95. Unreal..Gettin to be a rich mans sport!
If you're going to pay a premium price for ammo you may as well get premium ammo.

https://www.dakotaammo.net/shop/product_info.php?cPath=23_143&products_id=291& amp;osCsid=ceef71a47d76291237904ff59ba3c79c

Old 12-18-2007, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

Check out Midway usa, they always have some kind of ammo on sale.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: steelerzzz

Yeah! Just try finding a place to hunt these days-you have to be wealthy, and pay big bucks just to hunt a damn deer!

Ammo prices are about to make reloading a cost-saving enterprise once more. Even though the price of bullets and powder is up again, the brass case is still about 75% of the cost of a round of ammo-and people who use factory ammo only throw that away!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shop at another store or buy thru the mail. Gander mountains pricing plain sucks and they will stick it to their customers everytime. They are a total ripoff.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's exactly why I am getting an entire reloading set up for Christmas.

It's not the dealers trying to make a big buck either. Dealer cost on regular ole Remington Core Lokt is aproaching $20 a box.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wait until you look at shot for reloading shotguns. I went up to the new Cabelas in Reno a few weeks ago, and a 25 pound bag was almost $50 !!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's not the dealers trying to make a big buck either. Dealer cost on regular ole Remington Core Lokt is aproaching $20 a box
I seriously hope the dealer I now deal with never goes out of business. He has just tons of loaded ammo and reloading supplies and his prices will beat anyones. I purchased 300 WSM Ballistic silvertips for 33 bucks a box 2 weeks ago. Price them at gander and they are close to 40 . He sells just about every cartridge and loads by every name brand manufacturers. FOr example If weatherby loads 3 different bullets for the 257 Weatherby he will have all three loads and 5 boxes of each load and he sells them in the 30's irregardless of type bullet.

I am a reloader and have been for awhile but I sometimes like to buy good stuff from the rack and cheaply. I think I have been in my local ganders a few times in the last few months and I usually walk out with a magazine(to read).
Old 12-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Spike

Whileit is common and much-dicussed knowledge thatprice of raw materials, namely lead and copper, have moved higher, I think the retailers like Gander Mountain are using that as an excuse to hike prices way, way, way up.

In general, I find my local Gander's prices to be absolutely laughable. Used guns in particular are priced at joke-like levels. All I can say is ther must be a lot of suckers out there who are willing to pay $485 for a used Tikka in .308 that's beat to hell and has no scope. Come on!

Their ammo prices are sometimes competitive, but many times they're10-25% higher. You really have to know what the price is at other places or you'll get ripped off. Luckily, Sportsman's Warehouse has moved in literally across theroad, sothere is now another option and hopefullythe competition will inject a little reality factor intothe prices at Gander.

Grouse

Quick Reply: Ammo prices...Yikes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.