Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Thumb hole stock vs. standard stock >

Thumb hole stock vs. standard stock

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Thumb hole stock vs. standard stock

Old 12-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Thumb hole stock vs. standard stock

really considering a tactical thumbhole from rifle-stocks heard good things about the company, and i really like that stock.

would be going on my varmint gun...rem 700sps varmint in 22-250. dont know when i'll get to it...got alot goin on in life right now, and the factory stock works well enough for the time being...

when its time to purchase i will dig deeper with the benchrest guys and see if i shot go thumbhole or not...im looking for accuracy and that sort of thing...i dont care about how difficult taking the saftey off is or fast follow up shots or how the rifle carries...when its done it'll be pushing 15+lbs...its my long range rifle where i like to play sharp shooter and sit in the treeline and make that awesome long 1 shot kill on the groundhog i been watching and waiting for that perfect shot...
Old 12-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Spike

Have one on my new Encore and I love it.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Bought a laminated T/C Omega without a thumbhole and have found it to be bulky, and slippery when cold, making a good grip difficult in December when our muzzleloading season is in Michigan. My brother recently bought an Omega with synthetic thumbhole stock. I tried it out and love it so much I regret the standard stock I have on mine.