HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   CVA optima elite centerfire (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/223198-cva-optima-elite-centerfire.html)

deerhunter729 12-18-2007 12:46 PM

CVA optima elite centerfire

Whats everybodies opinion on the CVA centerfire. I havn't seen much on any caliber and was wondering if anybody had any experiance with them. There price is lower than TC but are they just as reliable.

wpmcdaniel 12-18-2007 01:03 PM

RE: CVA optima elite centerfire

I have a .308 with a thumbhole stock. This gun is very accurate. The Bergara custom barrels on the Optima are very nice barrels. I plan to buy several more. That is another good thing about this gun. There are many different calibers available for this gun.

oldelkhunter 12-18-2007 01:26 PM

I think the Knight KP1 is going to put this and the Encore to bed.

deerhunter729 12-18-2007 02:35 PM

is there a price for the kp1 yet

bigtim6656 12-18-2007 05:58 PM

an arm leg and dom eye lol

ORIGINAL: deerhunter729

is there a price for the kp1 yet

srwshooter 12-19-2007 04:44 PM

the knight will never come close in sales to the encore.i looked at the knight at the local shop last week,i picked it up and the whole trigger assembly fell right out on floor.

bigtim6656 12-19-2007 05:01 PM

that might have been a shop issue

ORIGINAL: srwshooter

the knight will never come close in sales to the encore.i looked at the knight at the local shop last week,i picked it up and the whole trigger assembly fell right out on floor.

oldelkhunter 12-19-2007 06:17 PM

The knight probably will not come close to sales compared to the encore because TC spends millions on TV advertising and not a penny except cosmeticallyin improving a glorified pistol turned carbine.It also has dork gunwriters using their product anytime you turn on the outdoor channel.I'll justbet the trigger assembly fell out , You sound like someone that owns an Encore and has an agenda. Get over it just the basic design of the KP1 is miles ahead of the Encore.

srwshooter 12-20-2007 09:12 AM

no i don't own a encore,knights just have never impressed me,plus a friend of mine tests for kinght and always has there latest guns before the market ever see's them. i have yet to see a knight that will out shoot my old cva.

TC,i agree has spent so much on advertising that they have bought the market,and that was my main reason for sayin that knight will never out sell them.

oh, i do own a new TC TRIUMPH and my old CVA out shoots it too. having had so much trouble with the triumph and crud rings i'm not very happy with TC right now either.

oldelkhunter 12-20-2007 09:18 AM

I won't purchase a TC A. because I don't like how any of their firearms are designed not a one can I warm up to. B. I abhor the QLA and its effect on conical bullets c. I can't stand the canned hunting shows with idiots/gun whores like Larry Weisiuhn who use TC's D. Did I mention I didn't like TC even though I owned 1/2 dozen of the old contender pistols . The finest muzzleloader ever made was the White series bar none and the Knights followed them at least in accuracy. I wish they(knight) would have used the same locking system as the Merkel or Blaser 85 but that is not going to happen. They have a good system irregardless..