Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 go cheap or not worth it >

go cheap or not worth it

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

go cheap or not worth it

Old 12-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default go cheap or not worth it

ok i got a mossberg500 i plan to either buy the rifled barrel or spend the extra 75 bucks and buy another gun which is properly what i will do

or buy a muzzleloader or the muzzleloader kit for the 500

what scope is good for a shotgun rifled mossberg 500 for deer out to and around 125 yards can i get a good one for around 50 to 75 bucks or wil i need to spend more
i had a marlin 3030 that came with a tasco scope when i bought it cost like 30 bucks and i hated it it was cheap and would not stay sighted in every 10 shots you would need to resight it
and for 50 to 75 what can i expect to get
Old 12-17-2007, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: go cheap or not worth it

Buy the Mossberg cantlivered slug barrel that comes with a Bushnell scope. It doesnt cost that much more than w/o the scope, about $165. This scope should get you through until you can afford a better one. If not check out this Bushnell designed for cantilevered slug guns.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/bush-rs-bnr-711436.html
Old 12-17-2007, 12:10 PM

I would get the one with the scope on the barrel also. But if you do make sure to get better scope mounts for it. Ive herd the Mossberg muzzelloader barrel is junk but ive never tryed one myself.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:12 PM

I have had 4 cheap scopes break on slug guns. The recoil is pretty harsh and just tears them up. That being said, on one of my slug gun I actually have a BSA cheapy that is still going strong. It was like $50, and it has held up to 60-70 sabot slug rounds. On my other slug gun I have a Bushnell elite 3200 and it has had, in the neighborhood of, 200 rounds. About hal of those are 3" lightfields. It is still holding zero just fine as well.