Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Handgunners check in >

Handgunners check in

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Handgunners check in

Old 01-28-2003, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Handgunners check in

I've been on this board for I don't know how long now, bout 3 years or better I believe, and I've posted a bit, not much, in spurts mostly, I do a lot of readin though, and I RARELY see a post about handgun shooting/hunting/care/opinions/etc. This leads me to believe that there just aren't that many of us out there, which I find sad, and rediculous.

I guess just for a count, who's here that handguns, what do you shoot i.e. revolvers, autos, bolts, breaks, a lot of calibers, Double action or single, derringers, and what do you use them for?

I'll start myself, I shoot autos, .45, .380 or .22 for small game and home/personal protection. I prefer Single action wheelguns, .22, .44, which I use for small game, coyotes, and deer, and some personal protection, I also use my .44's for CAS. I also shoot a .38 double barreled derringer for CAS and plinking.

Does anyone like handgunnin more than riflry or wingshooting (longgunning)???? I know I do.

Screw the 10 ring, keep them in the zero!!!
Old 01-28-2003, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Handgunners check in

I do both handgun and rifle. Started out with a little single action H&R 22 on squirrels,then moved into a 357 Dan Wesson for deer. The last few years I went to a 7mm-08 in a Savage Striker for deer or yote. Still use a Ruger Single 6 22 on small game. Zeak
Old 01-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

DG
AMEN

Ruger Redhawk

..... A Proud NRA Life Member since 1977 .....Ruger Redhawk
Old 01-28-2003, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

i posted quite a few since i got my buckmark in september..i shoot mainly autos i have a browning buckmark standard in 22cal..shoot alot of 9mms mainly sigs and a glock here or there and some others..shot a few diffrent calibers nothing but the norm though..have shot some revolvers but i dont like them much so i dont shoot them much...i use them mainly for targets and such but if someone broke into my house while im in my room they arent leaving without some type of hole in them from me...my buckmark is closest to me and i shoot it good enough to do some damage with a 22...
Old 01-28-2003, 07:48 PM

22 revolver sa for backyard plinking
40 cal semiauto for home protection
45 acp for heavier plinking
44 mag for whitetails (if i've filled my freezer already)
The newest in my stable is a freedom arms 454 casull. I don't know what I needed it for but it sure is fun!!!!
Old 01-28-2003, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

What I really find ridiculous is the inability to spell ridiculous.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

DG, didn't mean to pi$$ on your parade. Yes, I clay shoot, bench shoot, plink, trap shoot, reload, cowboy shoot, and hunt, with both long guns and hand guns....my point is, no matter what you use them for, I would never believe that the number of post on this board regarding handgunning is proportionate to the number of actual handgun shooters...I was only specifying and comparing two categories, long guns and handguns, not what one chooses to do with them. I'll say it in a manner similar to what you'd hear, I find it rediculous that there are so many responses to specific posts regarding ONE utility aspect of a long gun...say about trap guns...every year/month while there are so few posts with ANYTHING to do with handgunning. I never meant to imply that it is rediculous that there are so few members here that shoot handguns ONLY, I meant to imply that it is sad there appear to be so few members here that shoot handguns AT ALL.

Does such a drastic majority of members here have NOTHING to do with handguns?

This is why I posted this strand, to find out if indeed there are truly so few of us handgunners here, while there are so many guys here that do so much with several types of long guns, like a guy who hunts deer, moose, upland, geese/duck, and plinks, shoots clay, and benchrest shoots, an obvious indicator, in most instances, that he has several guns. With nearly all members here having extended and varied interests in long gunning, and with such a large amount of members here that not only shoot modern long guns, but muzzleloders/traditional arms, or archery as well, I find it hard to believe that so few of them own/shoot handguns additionally. I'm merely attempting to determine a census of how many members here own, hunt, or shoot handguns for any reason at all. I'd venture to guess that nearly 75-80% of us members own more than one shotgun and one rifle, and use them for varied activities like those you mentioned, but to read the posts here, one gets the impression that less than 5% of those multiple firearm owners possess even just ONE handgun. And as I said before, if there truly are so few members here that own/shoot/hunt handguns, in only in addition to their long guns, I find that sad and rediculous.

Screw the 10 ring, keep them in the zero!!!
Old 01-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot handguns for years, but only started hunting with a handgun last year. I have not killed with it yet! I shoot a Ruger Super Redhawk .44 mag.
While we are on the subject, I'd like to remind everyone that we need to support one another! I am not talking about anyone here, but I have heard a wingshooter or two talk against handguns!
Guns are GUNS, and the anti's would like nothing better than for us to be divided. To them NO gun is a good gun, and they will take them away one type at a time if we don't defend each other!
Old 01-29-2003, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot and carry a few different handguns. I have a custom 1911 10mm, it is a paraordanance double stack body with caspian slide and quadralock barrel, slide release and ambi safety. I have 4 15 rounds magazines for it and carry it for close range deer hunting, predator hunting, and mainly for bowling pin shooting. I have a Taurus Ti Tracker in 41 mag that I use for a carry gun while fishing and bow hunting, with 250gr cast loads for bear defence. I also have a Taurus Raging bull 454 cassul that I deer hunted with and occasionally carried for bear defence, its just to heavy for every day carrying. I think I need two more hand guns, a Ruger auto 22lr, and a large caliber single action revolver, freedom arms, or custom ruger black hawk in 454 or 475 Linebough

Quick Reply: Handgunners check in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.