Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Handgunners check in >

Handgunners check in

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Handgunners check in

Old 02-14-2003, 12:07 PM

Default RE: Handgunners check in

I carry a Glock 22 in .40S&W daily. I also carry/shoot and enjoy...... .45acp, .38spcl, 9mm, .357mag, .44mag, .41mag and hopefully soon a .357sig.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot autos, (40 S&W and 22lr) but all I' ve killed is paper with them. I' m looking to pick up a couple revolvers just because I don' t have any right now. Probably one in 22lr and the other in 357 mag.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:11 PM

I have a ruger 357 blackhawk, a ruger 45lc bisely vaquero, a 380 semi-auto, and 22 semi auto berreta
Old 02-06-2004, 04:05 AM

Hi Nomercy,

Looks like a couple of feathers got ruffled!

As of last count, I'm currently a little light in the handgun department. (Semi-retired, process of moving to Alaska, and in general preoccupied with other issues.)

Taurus 9422SS, 4" Barrel, SS, .22LR
S&W 642 Airlight, 1 7/8" Barrel, .38 Special
S&W 649 Bodyguard, 2 1/8" Barrel, SS, .357 Magnum
S&W 66 Ladysmith, 3" Barrel, SS, .357 Magnum
Kel-Tec P32, .32 ACP
Kel-Tec P3AT, .380 ACP
Taurus PT92AF, 9mm
CZ 100, .40 S&W
Ruger P94, SS, .40 S&W
Para-Ordinance P-12, .45 ACP

As you can see.....nothing there specifically tailored for hunting other than the Taurus 9422. A nice double action .22LR with a 4" barrel, stainless steel....about the same frame size as a S&W J Frame. (Like the "kitgun".) It's equipped with adjustable sights and makes a fine small game revolver...as well as double duty for a quick finisher. Currently living in Pennsylvania.....and not having had the outdoor time I would have liked to.....I traded off some other handguns more suited specifically for medium game hunting. Though either of the Smith revolvers above, chambered in .357 Magnum make fair trail companions.....for 90 percent of anything you'd need done in this state. When we complete our move back to Alaska we will be adding some "heavy" caliber revolvers specifically with big bear in mind. (Several starting with the little Taurus in .41 Magnum.....already mentioned above......and probably ending with another Taurus Raging Bull 5" barrel in either .480 Ruger.....or .454 Casull. Though there well may be a .44 Magnum or two......S&W Model 29 or 629, maybe the Mountain Gun.......and if possible a Ruger Redhawk with a 5 1/2" barrel.) Plus maybe a couple of Ruger Vaquero's and/or Blackhawks....(just because I really like them)!

At various times throughout my life, I've used any number of other handguns in the outdoors. Heaven only knows how many I've traded, sold, bought, given to relatives or friends.....over the years. But most of them have been enjoyable companions....and a few....have been special! (As only a handgunner can know!)

Dave
Old 02-06-2004, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

There are plenty of us, but I suspect the dedicated, handguns-only bunch have other forums that are pretty much limited to sixguns, etc.
Old 02-06-2004, 06:56 AM

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

There are plenty of us, but I suspect the dedicated, handguns-only bunch have other forums that are pretty much limited to sixguns, etc.
Ya I'm pretty much a paper puncher anymore and really enjoy the Contenders tho I do own other handguns too. There is nothing better than sitting next to a rifle shooter and out shooting them with a handgun. There are a few excellent groups out there dedicated to the 'specialty pistols' that I frequent but I like this forums group too. I just discovered this site a few months ago and found good info and good people on it so I decided to stick around awhile since nobody seems to mind.

While I don't post a whole lot, I've tried to offer my opinion on the subjects related to my experience and this board. However, I don't feel it appropriate to post 'off subject' topics ie; non-hunting, paper punching with a handgun as this forums group is dedicated to the hunting sports.

I still do a little deer hunting in the fall, with a rifle and handgun but haven't used a shotgun in years (still own one tho)

I think the main thing here, and on the other forum groups also, is that we all share a common passion for the guns we shoot whether they be long or short, and the freedom that allows us to own these guns and discuss them freely on these forums.

Just my 2 cents
Wes
Old 02-06-2004, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got some, but don't shoot them anywhere near as much as I would like (hard to find the time). I try and have a shoot with my brother (16) and sister (38) once a year, but it usually ends up being every other year . I do take a couple hunting but never have shot at a deer with 'em, some day maybe (not the greatest shot in the world - need more practice - see above)
my list:
Ruger NM Super Blackhawk (.44 mag) - hunting
Pheonix (.22 auto) - plinking/camping
Llama "1911" (.45) - hunting/camping/plinking/carry gun
Ruger Mark II (.22) - great shooter
Ruger NM Single Six (.22) - fun plinker
Dan Wesson (.357 mag) - loaded by the bed
FMJ derringer (.45 LC/.410) - only cost $35 - what the heck

wish list - Ruger Vaquero (.45 ACP/.45 LC) - just because and maybe a 9mm of some sort
Old 02-06-2004, 07:45 AM

If you want to read about dedicated handgun hunting/forum, go to ;

www.graybeardoutdoors.com
Old 02-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot mainly 41 mag and 45 lc. Hunting and cowboy action shooting. I do take my ruger 22/45 rabbit hunting what a hoot. It's alot more challenging to shoot running jack rabbits with a pistol than using a rifle. Pistols are very fun to shoot alot. Anyone shooting the ruger 30cal? What alittle zipper of a caliber in a pistol.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I mentioned my Ruger SRH .44 Mag. But I didn't mention the rest of the family.
Dan Wesson .357
H&R .32
and a couple of .22 plinkers!
I'd like to add a 45 ACP (1911 Colt), A TC Contender and a Colt or Ruger .25 Colt SAA someday, but the finances are not there right now!
So I'll just be content with the ones I've got for now!

Quick Reply: Handgunners check in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.