Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Leupold Boone and Crocket scope >

Leupold Boone and Crocket scope

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Leupold Boone and Crocket scope

Old 12-08-2007, 01:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Leupold Boone and Crocket scope

The Signature Select has good glass. IMO the Sig. glass is as good as the VXII, and real close to the VXIII. I like the Ballistic Plex, but it does not really help a lot with windage.I would wait a few weeks. Leupold might put the B&C reticle in ther 2008 Line of VXII's. It is possible.

I have a Leupold4.5X14X40 on my Knight Long Range Hunter MZ. It has the B&C. The scope is really hard to beat for the money.

I would still wait til I see the new 2008 offering's from the manufacturers. The range reticles are very popular. They may even put one in the Zeiss Conquest's. That would be great if they did that.

I guess if I had to choose, I would go with the VXIII, with the B&C. Oh Ya, that is what I did.

I have the Swaroviski A-Line 3-10 on my go to deer rifle. I sure wish it had the B&C. But I will not give up the Swaro. quality for the reticle. Tom.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:28 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DaveC

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I have one scope with the B&C Reticle, and one with the VH reticle. I also have two scopes with the Burris Ballistic Plex, and one Nikon BDC.

The BDC IMO is worthless. The BP on the Burris scopes are good . The B&C, and VH reticle is the best of the three. I really like mine. You have to practice with the reticle to really get use to it. Most wind in my area averages 5 to 10 mph. The windage marks on the reticle are very helpful, again, if you practice with it. The reticle is not a fix all, you definitely need to practice with it to master it.

The reticle makes it very easy to shoot out to 400 or even 500 yards, if you practice with it, and understand all the markings. IMO it is worth it. I have one on my AR15 Rock River Varminter. Shooting ground hog's out to 425 yards is a breeze with the reticle. I limit my shots to 425 yards with the 223 Remington. I probably should drop that distance back to 300 yards, but with my rig the 400 yard shots are just too easy. Tom.
Head,
I just returned a BDC 4.5-14x40 unused. I just didn't think I'd be happy with the 40 mm objective.
I have decided to go with the Burris signature 4-16x44 blpxinstead.

Is that a bad scope? or should I pay the other $200+ for the Leupold?
My hunting partner has the 3x10x44mm Signature with the Ballistic Plex and I have the Euro-Diamond 2.5x10x44mm with the Ballistic Plex. They are both bright and real clear.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, wait on 08?

Well time is on my side so I might as well wait on the new gun as well.
Maybe something else will cathch my eye in 08?