Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 homeprotection >

homeprotection

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

homeprotection

Old 12-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: home protection

Another thing to take into consideration here, and probably the most important thing, "Are you absolutely sure you can pull the trigger and are you willing to pull the trigger"?? Be honest with yourself. No need for anyone to respond to this post with a bunch of macho, bravado BS. You guys can keep your answer to yourself. When and if the sitiation arises, "Are you willing to pull the trigger? Can you pull the trigger?" Are you willing to kill a human being, another person? Are you willing to take the life of someones son, someones father, someones husband, someones brother? ARE YOU SURE?Think about.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

1shot,

That is a good question. I feel that lots of folks would have trouble. I think experience is what will help you react appropiately.

As a good example of why you should kill someone in your home for whatever reason they are there, look at the loser football player that was recently killed in his house. He grabbed a machete to confront the theives. If he had a gun and shot without identifying himself he might be alive today and still able to harass people because he is a big bad football player.

My suggestion to those here is have a gun that you can accurately shoot, sneak up or hold your position, don't identify yourself, identify the target as non-friendly and squeeze the trigger enough times that the person has a greater than 95% chanceof dying.

Tom
Old 12-07-2007, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

if someone is in my house i will not identicy my self i wont ask them to leave and i will not ask if there armed there not there legely nor are tey there to say hi i just asome there there to do harm to me or someone in my house legaly .
Old 12-07-2007, 09:44 AM

ORIGINAL: 1SHOT_1KILL

Another thing to take into consideration here, and probably the most important thing, "Are you absolutely sure you can pull the trigger and are you willing to pull the trigger"?? Be honest with yourself. No need for anyone to respond to this post with a bunch of macho, bravado BS. You guys can keep your answer to yourself. When and if the sitiation arises, "Are you willing to pull the trigger? Can you pull the trigger?" Are you willing to kill a human being, another person? Are you willing to take the life of someones son, someones father, someones husband, someones brother? ARE YOU SURE? Think about.

This is a bridge I crossed some time ago. As per your request, I'll not reveal my answer, but try thinking of it this way: Am I someone's son, father, husband, or brother? How would they feel if I just sit here and wait to be killed? Or worse, my inaction causes them to be harmed, just because I couldn't muster the testicular fortitude necessary to protect them.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

i agree there are alot of gun toting people of there who could never nor would never pull the trigger

my brother told me he was going to by a shotgun for home defense
and that he would keep the ammo locked up from the gun i said how would you get to it if someone broke in then he said he would shoot someone in the knee shoulder to wound them not to kill them

i told him any cop will would tell him to kill a intruder not wound them one because dead men tell no tells and there no one to sue you two because someone can still shoot you even if there knee has a hole in it

also i had a situation come p when i was 16 i was selling computers at a flea market and a guy came up said give me all your money and had a handgun pointed at me.
i had 2000 of my parents money in my pocket that was xmas money. also beside me was a computer power supply that weighted 10 pounds i got hold of the cables and waited for the guy to look around. and when his eyes went off of me i stood up and went to hit him right in the side of the head. more then likely it would have killed him at the time i was 6 3 ad 350 pounds. but i was not giving up my family's money with out a fight.

when i went to hit him he drooped the gun to his side and said it was unloaded and even handed to me . i gave him his gn back and he left i think that was a mistake that at the age of 16 i did not think about a week later he did the same thing to another guy and got arrested

do not own a gun unless your willing to take the shot
ORIGINAL: BigTiny

ORIGINAL: 1SHOT_1KILL

Another thing to take into consideration here, and probably the most important thing, "Are you absolutely sure you can pull the trigger and are you willing to pull the trigger"?? Be honest with yourself. No need for anyone to respond to this post with a bunch of macho, bravado BS. You guys can keep your answer to yourself. When and if the sitiation arises, "Are you willing to pull the trigger? Can you pull the trigger?" Are you willing to kill a human being, another person? Are you willing to take the life of someones son, someones father, someones husband, someones brother? ARE YOU SURE?Think about.

This is a bridge I crossed some time ago. As per your request, I'll not reveal my answer, but try thinking of it this way: Am I someone's son, father, husband, or brother? How would they feel if I just sit here and wait to be killed? Or worse, my inaction causes them to be harmed, just because I couldn't muster the testicular fortitude necessary to protect them.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656
it if someone broke in then he said he would shoot someone in the knee shoulder to wound them not to kill them

i told him any cop will would tell him to kill a intruder not wound them one because dead men tell no tells and there no one to sue you two because someone can still shoot you even if there knee has a hole in it
Now that is some odd LEO advice.... how many citizens would that cop be willing to kill, to make sure they didn't testify against him?
Old 12-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've actually had an officer give me the same advice.

Tom
Old 12-07-2007, 12:05 PM

I also had a cop say he was told in the academy to shoot to kill. He was told that the dead guy can't sue you and it's one less deadbeat to live off a disability check for the rest of his life.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's what I've always heard too. If you are justified in using deadly force, and you decide to discharge your weapon, then you shoot to kill. You don't try to shoot someone in the knee cap or try to shoot the gun out of their hand.

Live perps, and dead perps' families tend to file lawsuits. Thankfully, in Texas, the legislature has provided that, if a shooting is justified, the shooter can't be sued.

We also have the Castle Doctrine.

GOD BLESS TEXAS!!!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:32 PM

From what I know of LEO training, they train to shoot "until the threat is eliminated", and are taught to aim at center mass. This effectively translates into "shoot to kill" without using those words.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.