HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Beretta Pintail/ ES 100 Problem. Please help if you can (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/220760-beretta-pintail-es-100-problem-please-help-if-you-can.html)

Volf 12-03-2007 03:48 PM

Beretta Pintail/ ES 100 Problem. Please help if you can

Guys on my last 3 duck hunts my 2 year old Beretta Pintail did not ejected 2nd and some cases 1st shells. It just stock half way out . Looks like it does not like 3in shell any more. First time I thought it was the shell issue, but then it did it again and again with different brands ammo (Win and Fed). Looks like out of every 9 shots one or 2 will not eject. I know this is the only" inirtia driven" Beretta and many people did not hear about it, but any way. I clean my gun after every hunt. Any help would be appriciated.
Thank you

oldelkhunter 12-03-2007 04:17 PM

RE: Beretta Pintail/ ES 100 Problem. Please help if you can

Is the intertia system on that one located in the same place as the Benelli? I know Benelli inertia systems can get crudded up ..send it back to Beretta or have a competent gunsmith look at it.

Worc 12-03-2007 08:54 PM

You may want to clean the recoil assembly in the stock. After you clean it just lightly lube the spring to prevent rust. Use a good synthetic oli like CLP, FP-10, or Militec.

The Beretta Pintail/ES100 is a renamed Benelli SL series. Pretty much the same as the newer Beneli's without a rotary bolt face or cartridge release lever. There were three different Beretta Inertia operated models, the 1200 and 1201 were the other two.

Weaselthis 12-18-2008 01:00 AM

I have the exact problem w/ my Camo Pintail. From day one it jams 2-3 times out of 10. I took it to a Beretta gunsmith and he worked on it twice. Last time he honed theinside of the steel housing for the recoil spring. I COMPLETELY disassembled the gun down to the last screw and pin and cleaned and lightly oiled it. Sucker jammed the second round! It wouldn't feed. Took it back and he said he can't replicate the jam. I'm about ready to put an ad in the paper and sell it for a doorstop. I thought Beretta made better than this. Kills ducks DEAD ON when it shoots, but I cannot stand it jamming. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks.

devil dog 12-18-2008 05:39 PM

Is it not ejecting the shell from the chamber, or is it jamming putting in the nextround.

Weaselthis 12-19-2008 05:33 PM

DevilDog:
For the first two years (I've had it for three now)it would not chamber the second, sometimes the third, round about 2-3 times during a day of shooting ducks (20-25 rounds). Took it to a gunsmith TWICE for the same problem, onceeach of the two years and each time he said he couldn' replicate the problem, but worked on it some....last time he actually honed the inside of the housing for the recoil spring in the stock w/ very fine sandpaper/steel wool. I got it back from him in October 2008, COMPLETELY dissassembled the gun and cleaned it again. Went to the pattern range and fired the first shot (only a single shell in chamber) and THIS time it didn't fully EJECT the shell! I've tried Federal, Remington, Kent, Estate, and Winchester ammo, all with similar results. I was so pissed at the failure to eject this time, that I only fired the one shell, quit and went to seeksolace in a 1/2 gallon of Jack! Going duck hunting this weekend. We'll see if the damned thing survives the day or winds upat the bottom ofthe pond! I've about had it with this thing. I appreciate any suggestions you or anyone on this forum might have. Take care. Merry Christmas!

devil dog 12-20-2008 09:52 AM

Without seeing it, it sounds like a worn extractor, to check, pull the bolt, place a round in the bolt-face under the extractor "as if the bolt had the round in the chamber" look at the angle between the extractor hook and the shell case, should be a positive angle "hook looks like it wants to cut into the case and hang on to it. If it is a neutral or negative angle the extractor will loose its grip on the case and slip off causing the failure to eject, also causing the next round jam.

Weaselthis 12-22-2008 01:53 PM

Thanks for the input. I'll have them check that out cuz I'm sending it back to Beretta! Jammed (wouldn't chamber the second round) this weekend. Have a merry and a happy!

Worc 12-23-2008 08:09 PM

Before you send it away, try to polish the chamber first to see if that makes any difference.