Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 Savage 17HMR Left handed model 93R17 >

Savage 17HMR Left handed model 93R17

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Savage 17HMR Left handed model 93R17

Old 11-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default Savage 17HMR Left handed model 93R17

I baught this gun last summer new and have fired exactly 50 rounds through it. It's very accurate. It has a heavy varmit blued barrel, wallnut stock, Accutrigger, sling studs, Hush Stalker sling swivels, with A black "The Claw" sling. The left handed bolt action came with 1 - 5 round clip, I've added 2 more clips that were $25 each. I have top of the line Burris scope mounts ($40) securing a BSA Sweet 17, 3-12 x 40mm scope that is specifically designed with bullet drop compinsation out to 300 yards for the 17 HMR cal. bullets. I will also include a Pillar lock single rifle case ($20) and a 17 cal. cleaning snake.
I'm selling this gun to raise money for medical expences and have over $500 invested in it . I'm in WI. and to ship from an FFL dealer will cost $35 on my end. I need to raise $450 ASAP. A generous offer would be appreciated.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Savage 17HMR Left handed model 93R17

I really don't know what a generous offer for this gun is. I know what I paid and am sure I didn't get the best deal possible, I orderd it from a local gun shop. If any FFL dealer would look this up and give me an opinion as to what it's worth? I have the gun and scope box's, owner's manual, it's new, assembled and tested with 50 rounds.(1 box) The scope has a lifetime warrentee still in the box, and I believe the Savage has a lifetime warrentee also but doubt it will be needed.
I would also consider A trade of eaqual value.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:10 AM

ARE YOU INTERSTED IN A PISTOL FOR TRADE.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:13 AM

DICKS SPORTING GOODS LIST THE GUN FOR 239.99 AND IT DOES NOT COME WITH A SCOPE IF THAT HELPS YOU AT ALL...
Old 11-27-2007, 09:16 AM

THE GREY LAMINATE HEAVY BARREL STAINLESS LISTS FOR 279.99 HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT..........
Old 11-27-2007, 10:17 AM

G MOUNTAIN HAS THE SAME GUN AND SCOPE LISTED IN THERE ADD THIS WEEK FOR 269.00 I THINK YOU GOT RIPPED OFF BUDDY.........
Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the replies, sorry I couldn't check back sooner, my internet was disconected for a few days. I called Gander Mountain and to compare apples to apples this is what they told me. The deal they have is RIGHT HANDED only, a sinthetic stock with generic scope mounts valued at about $15 for the scope mounts. My scope mounts are Burris scope mounts and GM's price is $40+ for the mounts. The BSA Sweet 17 needs high scope rings made for 50 mm scopes to be able to fit the adjustment ring on the scope. My scope is less than 1/4" above the barrel. The scope on GM's is a 3x9 Simmons scope, not worth more than $50, they're about $20 whole sale. IMHO the scope is junk as was the opinion of the GM employee I talked to. The scope on my gun is A BSA Sweet 17. GM's price for that scope was quoted to be about $110. The differences between the 2 scopes and mounts is night and day. The Simmons scope isn't even close to being in the same league as the BSA.
To order the gun with solid wood wallnut finished stock and left handed they quoted me $259.99. That is actually more than I paid and the sinthetic stock is NOT available in left handed.
The extra clips GM's price is $24.99. The same as I paid, my gun has 2 extra clips, 3 total. I also have a cleaning snake that goes with the deal. I forgot to ask GM what their price is on the snake.
My gun is capable of hitting a chipmunk between the eyes at 100 yards, I've done it, good luck trying that with the simmons scope. The BSA Sweet 17 has bullet Drop Comp. adjustments out to 300 yards. The simmons, you're on your own. They're basically giving the Simmons scope away because they're cheap.
Do not take my word for it, call Gander mountain and ask them to quote out the gun as I have listed and you'll see that I did not get ripped off. I have a Claw sling on it and GM's price is about the same as I paid.
At first glance the GM deal looks good but any rifle is only as good as it's optics. I'd rather have a cheaper gun with good optics than an expensive gun with cheap optics. The Simmons scope is among the cheapest and so are the mounts on the Gander Mountain deal. As usual, you get what you pay for.
As far as trading for a hand gun, what did you have in mind? I just might be intersted. I'd also be intersted in a 9.9 horse boat motor, washer and dryer set, and would keep an open mind on anything else offered in trade of equal value.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

I forgot to mention that the Simmons scope is a 3-9 power , the BSA is a 3-12 power, the BSA has parallax adjustment, the Simmons has just a lot of parralax. The Simmons is something I'd put on a kids pellet/bb gun, it's like comparing a toy scope to a sniper scope. When you go to Gander Mountain, ask 'em what it will cost to take there junk mounts and scope off and replace it with Burris high scope mounts and a BSA Sweet 17 3-12 X 40MM scope and ask them to show/explain the difference in quality and price. BTW they charge $20 for mounting and bore sighting. Good luck at Gander Mountain. I priced the whole set up at GM before I baught it at the gun shop and they still are not cheaper when comparing apples to apples.

Old 12-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Fork Horn

How about a Taurus Judge in stainless? You give me your gun and $150.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

ZR thanks for the offer. I do believe it's a good offer, I've never seen a Taurus Judge before so I looked it up and the sugested retail is about $550. If I were in the market for another handgun I would want something my wife could handle. I have a .44 mag Ruger NM Super Black hawk hunter with a 7" barrel and it is too much gun for her to handle. How would shooting the Judge compare to the 44 mag as far as recoil goes? My gut feeling is that it is also too much gun for her, but I don't like to "assume". The salesperson who sold me the 17 is also a female shooting instructor, I would like to contact her and get her oppinion. That gunshop isn't open on mondays so I will try to contact her tomorrow (tues) and run it past the wife tonight when she gets home from work. The extra $150 is not unreasonable deppending on the condition of the gun, but may be difficult for me to come up with in addition to FFL fee's. I will get back to you in a few days. If you have the chance to sell it before, go ahead and sell it.

Quick Reply: Savage 17HMR Left handed model 93R17

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.