Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 All in one guns? >

All in one guns?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

All in one guns?

Old 11-20-2007, 04:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default All in one guns?

Within the next few weeks, I planned to get a 243 based on feedback from the forum. However, a club member suggested I look at the all in one guns that shoot centerfire, muzzle loader ammo and 22 cal. I have never heard of a gun that can shoot everything. I realize there are some interchangeable barrels for ML and rifle, so maybe this is just a 3 barrel pkg he was talking about. The price may not warrant going this route, so a simple new or used 243 may be the best, but thought i would inquire. I like the idea of having one gun that does it all since it will be a backup, youth and/or guest gun. Thanks for your comments
Old 11-20-2007, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: All in one guns?

There is a Rossi on sale at D I C K S Sporting Goods right now - single shot - $300'ish for a three barrel .243, 12 Gauge and .22LR setup.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

The "all in one guns" that he is talking about are the ones with the interchangable barrels. T/C makes them as well as Knight, CVA, and Rossi. They are getting popular so there are probably a few more companies out there that make them. I personally like the sound of completely different guns so you always have a true back-up and variaty.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Dixon

There is a Rossi on sale at D I C K S Sporting Goods right now - single shot - $300'ish for a three barrel .243, 12 Gauge and .22LR setup.

Huh? They are on sale down here; .22LR, 20 gage, .243 for $169.99
Old 11-20-2007, 04:23 PM

Mossberg SS1 is also another choice
Old 11-20-2007, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

How about the Encore?
Old 11-20-2007, 08:20 PM

Jack of all trades master of none.

The encore is the only gun i would consider, but pretty expensive. Not really backup priced.

Most people I know that like encores are buying new complete guns, not interchangeing barrels.

This is only my opinion so no grief please, be careful of NEF and Rossi single shots in high pressure chamberings. As a shotgun, rimfire, muzzle loaders,or lower pressure such as 45-70 factory loads I am ok, but the 243 scares me to death. I have seen a NEF that has fired without the gun being completely closed, that was only a hornet and it recessed the reciever face when fired ruining the gun. Had it been a 243 I figure there would have been injuries. I have tried with other HRs and believe I could have fired the gun unlocked in them also.

Interchange guns are OK but not for me.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a .243 Win rifle, then get a .243 Win rifle. If you want a shotgun, get a shotgun...etc.

BTW, I've heard that the Rossi single shot rifles have TERRIBLE triggers. NEF/H&R Handi-Rifles are much better. If given the choice I'd spend a little more (apx $50) and get the Handi-Rifle.

Mike
Old 11-21-2007, 02:06 AM
Typical Buck

I have decided to get a simple Rem 700 243 which sell for $500 at local bass pro. I will consider my camp members used Rem 700 depending on price, condition, etc. which will probably be $300 including mounted scope. Plus, he will let me borrow it, shoot it and get familiar with the gun before paying, so can't really go wrong.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ideaman

Jack of all trades master of none.

The encore is the only gun i would consider, but pretty expensive. Not really backup priced.

Most people I know that like encores are buying new complete guns, not interchangeing barrels.
The master of none statement is way off base, completely false.

You think the encore is expensive? In the mid $500 range, its an excellent gun. The Pro Hunter, on the other hand, is way over priced.

Maybe those people just like buying guns.

Quick Reply: All in one guns?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.