Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Browning or Tikka >

Browning or Tikka

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning or Tikka

Old 11-19-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Browning or Tikka

I have posted a similar post else where in this sight, but I am not getting alot of feed back so i decided to post it here too.

I am trying to decide between the browning a-bolt stainless stalker and the Tikka T3 hunter stainless both in 30-06.

If anyone has had any experience with these guns let me know.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Browning or Tikka

Sorry, no experience with either but I've drooled on both for awhile. Isn't this kind of a "duh" question. I don't see how you could go wrong with either. If I had the $$ for a new gun I'd be trying to make the same decision right now. I think both of these guns have the smoothest bolts made today. I'm a little more partial to the Browning because I think it is a nicer looking gun. Both fit me well, but the Tikka seems to be a little lighter (could be good or bad). Either way, unless one has a feature that you really don't like or one you prefer take either one.

spud
Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 AM

No experience with Browning. My Tikka is so far the best rifle I own. Possibly the best trigger I've felt in a factory production hunting rifle. I don't think you'll find a smoother bolt anywhere. Hoping to take a deer or hog with it this weekend so I can report on how the 338 Federal TSX performs.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:33 PM

Both are fine rifles. I'm partial to the Tikkas myself though.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:22 PM
Spike

I bought a Tikka T3 in August and it cost me a big bull elk this year, but it was not the rifles fault. The rifle is a 30-06 tack driver with my handloads. Don't know what it will do with factory loads.
I was sneaking along a path when a bunch of cows and calvesstepped out and I saw a large 5X6 bull in the group about 75 yards away. They had no idea I was there. The cows milled around the bull and I held my crosshairs way high as I waited for an oportunity. Eventually the cows moved, the bull turned for a perfect broadside shot, looked the other direction and, I swear, waited for me to shoot. This was a great bull, with a perfect chance at a shot, on a perfect day. As I started bringing my crosshairs down and felling for the trigger, BANG! Yup, it was me. I wasn't quite comfortable with how light the trigger was, and with no creep. Nothing like the Model 70 Featherweight I used to shoot. Well, I shot over the elk and he went merrily on his way as I watched. I wasn't comfortable with the moving target he offered my so I just waved him good bye and figured he earned another point this year.
I learned that I need to practice a little (or a lot)more with this rifle. Maybe do a little coyote hunting with it and maybe tighten the trigger just a little. The Tikka is a great rifle. Like with any rifle, just need to learn its differences.
I didn't get an elk, but just seeing my shot of a lifetime made it a great outing. I had canned stew that night and pretended it was elk liver.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:57 AM

Just saw this on your other posting and left a response
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...68&mpage=2
Old 11-21-2007, 03:36 AM

Tikka Tikka Tikka!!! I have owned several of both in calibers from .243 to 300 Win. Mag and like the Tikka much better. Best trigger of all factory rifles out there.The Browning might be a "Better Looking Gun" but that's all it has going for it!!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nomaspescado

Just saw this on your other posting and left a response
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2458168&mpage=2
Well it looks like two threadseach slanting a different way. When I get my money together and it's time to buy I'll go to the store hold both guns and probably end up flipping a coin. Although this is the first I've heard such strong comments on the Tikka trigger. That could be a deciding factor, but I don't thing the Browning trigger would be much behind.

I've always been a lever action fan, but the smoothness of bolts of these two gunshas wonme over. I still might get the BLR some day just because I love that gun as well. Some times I feel like a fickle woman trying to pick out a pair of black heels.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

BROWNING- there isn't any other choice. i have an .300 win mag A bolt and 2 .308 safaris.One of those safaris is over 25 yrs old and it still shoots as sweet and smooth as the day my dad bought it.you cant go wrong with a browning gun period....
Old 11-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I owned an A bolt Stalker in 30/06 when I was young (12 years old young). Right when the BOSS system came out. Only had the muzzle brake back then. Gun shot amazingly well, but Lord it was too loud. Dad ended up selling it to save my ears, and the next year they brought out the CR. So it goes.

Got another A Bolt Stalker now. 300 WSM. No Boss. Gun handles great, had a smith adjust the trigger (which is very very simple to do yourself too by the way). Love the Brownings, and always had good results with them. Shot a few other A Bolts as well... all are simply deadly accurate.

Never shot a Tikka though. However I was interested in a T3 when they first came out. When I finally got to handle one, I found that I liked everything about it except the stock. The stock right at the cheek rest is too slender for my liking, and I suspect that it would bite you a bit. But thats the only negative thing I have to say about them. They've gotten great reviews across the board. So I really think that its just up to your tastes.

Quick Reply: Browning or Tikka

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.