Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Charles Daley shotguns >

Charles Daley shotguns

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Charles Daley shotguns

Old 11-16-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Charles Daley shotguns

its about time to buy my 11yr old son his first shotgun so i've been looking for a good youth gun in 20ga. and i ran across this little shotty at Wally World of all places. It fit him perfectly, was lite and the action seemed pretty smooth but i have never seen them before or know anyone who owns one. So hear i am, has anyone ever owned a Charles Daley shotgun? or know someone who did? was/is it a descent firearm or should i stick with Remmington or Mossberg.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Charles Daley shotguns

I've never saw their pump guns before. It is really hard to beat the Remington 870 for a pump gun, cheap, reliable, good shooters.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:41 AM

I have the 12 ga. tactical pump. It is a quality gun, not quite as nice as the 870, but a good value. Mine was made in Turkey by Kahr, but I don't know if that is still the case.
Old 11-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

I have a 12 ga. auto that I use for everything from doves to rabbits and it has always done a good job for me. One thing I did like about the company was there customer service.When I got home with the gun one of the small rings wasn't in the box. I called them up and had one in my mailbox 2 days later without any questions from them.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've looked one over and what short lookI took it appeard ok. I do think i'd opt to go with something a bit more proven. It's for your son so why cheap out from the get-go? Get something that you know has a reputation for longevity. I'd have to say the Mossberg or Remington would be better choices. I do believe the 870 is available as a youth pkg.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:07 PM

I wouldget a 20gawingmaster 870 with a 28 inch barrel. He'll pass that gun on to his kids andblueing holds up/looks much betterthan the parkerizingon the express (IMHO)
Old 11-19-2007, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 1newhunter

its about time to buy my 11yr old son his first shotgun so i've been looking for a good youth gun in 20ga. and i ran across this little shotty at Wally World of all places. It fit him perfectly, was lite and the action seemed pretty smooth but i have never seen them before or know anyone who owns one. So hear i am, has anyone ever owned a Charles Daley shotgun? or know someone who did? was/is it a descent firearm or should i stick with Remmington or Mossberg.
The Chas. Daly name has been used on imported shotguns for at least 125 years or so. Some of them were German, and the Empire Grade guns still command a very high price today. I once owned a 20 O/U made by B.C. Miroku in Japan. It was choked Mod & Full in the 28" barrel set, and Cyl/Cyl in the 24" skeet shooting set. It was an excellent gun!

I have not used any of their more recent imports, but would be willing to buy one, if the price was good.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:28 PM

I think the best youth model on the market right now is the mossberg bantam.

Paul
Old 11-19-2007, 09:47 PM

I agree with Paul. The youth mossberg has proved itshelf many times with my son.