Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 WTS:  New TC Encore & S&W 686 6" (IL) >

WTS: New TC Encore & S&W 686 6" (IL)

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

WTS: New TC Encore & S&W 686 6" (IL)

Old 11-07-2007, 09:36 AM

Default WTS: New TC Encore & S&W 686 6" (IL)

1) Brand New Thompson Center Encore 209x50 muzzleloader: Blued receiver and barrel/Walnut stock/fore-arm. Beautiful gun. This gun has never been used. I bought it because I had $200 in gift certificates to Gander Mountain to help out with the cost and thought I would hunt with this set-up...it's never happened yet. When I bought last Christmas-time, I put the steel scope mount on it and it's sat in it's box ever since. The gun has never left the box except that one time. Comes with the paper work, box, etc. I bought it for $599 + taxes at Gander Mountain. I'm sure they are higher priced than other places, but I had those gift certificates to help out with the cost.
Here is the exact gun from the TC website:
http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/firearmDetails.php?ID=3842

2) "Like New" Smith and Wesson 686 6" revolver, 6-shot. I am the second owner of this revolver. Again, I have never put a round through it. Bought it for hundgun season for deer here in IL and just haven't used it either. The person I bought it from claims they never shot it either. It truly does look "new." I did contact them about it, though because there was a little powder residue on the cylinder. He claimed this had always been there and it was from being test fired from the factory...I'm not sure if S&W does that or not, so I don't know if I buy that excuse or not. Either way I am putting Like New...it could be New like he claims, i don't know.
(I did find out that S&W does test fire revolvers 3 shots and ships them without cleaning)
Here is the exact gun:
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/s...tegory_rn=15705

there are also after-market wood grips that are beautiful for the 686 that cost $95 + shipping. Iam inlcuding these with the gun, they have been put on the revolver, but have never seen a shot...the grip is new. Here is a picture of them from the website:
http://www.hogueinc.com/getgrip/merchant.ihtml?pid=1161&step=4

I can email pictures or put them up on the site if anyone would like...but the encore is new and the 686 is like new no scratches or marks.

They only thing I would think about trading for is a New Savage MLII with Laminated stock and stainless steel barrel/action.

I don't know what a fair price is on these seeing that they are new. I looked at Gander Mountain last night and the Encore was still $599 new and the SW 686 new was $749. Like I said, I know Gander Mountain is a little high, so I will ask the following:
I would probably go $550 shipped for the Encore and $620 shipped for the 686 and grips.

*the Encore also comes with EZ tip extractor installed and scope mount...the 686 also includes rubber/factory grips and scope mount.

Let me know if I forgot anything and I would be glad to answer any questions.
Thanks for looking,
Sam
Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WTS: New TC Encore & S&W 686 6" (IL)

Where are you located?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:34 AM

Illinois...That's what the (IL) meant in the title...

Unless you meant more specific in IL, and that would be Dekalb/Sycamore area...west of Chicago.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BlackLabKatie

Illinois...That's what the (IL) meant in the title...

Unless you meant more specific in IL, and that would be Dekalb/Sycamore area...west of Chicago.
By the time I had finished your rambling, I had more than forgotten about the (IL) in your title!