HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Tikka T3 Rifles (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/215693-tikka-t3-rifles.html)

Retaks 11-03-2007 12:34 PM

Tikka T3 Rifles

What dose everyone have to say about Tikka T3 Rifles? I havnt herd much about them. I know they are made by Sako. I was looking at one at the local gun shop today. Its a Stainless Lite in 300 WSM. Im not sure if i like the detachable mag though. It has a 3 round plastic mag. Other then that it seemed like a well made rifle. It was extremely light. Well lets see what everyone has to say. Hopefully i can wait to go get a new rifle. There is also a Ruger M77 Hawkeye there in 7mm Mag but i like the feel of the Tikka better.

pdp440 11-03-2007 02:41 PM

RE: Tikka T3 Rifles

i just got one a week ago and in about 3hr it is shooting one hole grops at 100 yds with hand loads the rifel feels good the trigger is great i dont have a singel complant i was shooting a ruger be for this and it was a good rifle but even with my hand loads i couldn't get it to shoot that good i had it for about 15 yrs i would buy one again

hillbillyhunter1 11-03-2007 03:23 PM

You need to do a search for posts about the tikka as there are many. Generally you will find many like them. I love mine. Cannnot beat the 1 moa guarantee, imo.

stubblejumper 11-03-2007 03:40 PM

Don't be afraid of the synthetic magazine,as they are very durable.The t-3 has a good trigger,and the ones that I have fired easily shot sub moa with several loads.

Retaks 11-04-2007 02:51 AM

Ok. Its nice to hear good things on here. Now i have the hard choice of The T3 Lite in 338 Win Mag or the T3 Lite Stainless in 300 WSM. Im prob gonna get the 300 WSM but im worried about finding ammo for it. I also think the 338 Win Mag is a little big for deer. THis will be my deer and bear mostly, Then the occasional trip for hogs, moose, elk, and whatever else we decide to go hunt.

stubblejumper 11-04-2007 02:00 PM

The 300wsm will be fine for all game up to and including elk and moose.

skeeter 7MM 11-04-2007 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: stubblejumper

The 300wsm will be fine for all game up to and including elk and moose.
Agreed. As well I have the opportunity to fire a T3 lite chambered in a 338wm recently, the report was healthy and more so then 338's I have handled. The 300wsm is about all I'd want in the T3 lite package interms of recoil. A sims or pachymer recoil pad would be a welcomed add on;).

maytom 11-05-2007 02:06 PM

Picked one up in the .308 Caliber, and it is one heck of an accurate shooter!! Love this gun!!;)

Retaks 11-05-2007 02:20 PM

Well as of right now im going to go get the Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 300 WSM tommorow after work. I still wanna talk to 2 guys i go hunting with and see what they say. Ive ruled out the 338 Win Mag but still have a choice of a Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 7mm Mag. Thanks for everyones input.

Briman 11-05-2007 02:56 PM

I shot one today and was very impressed. I want to get one now:D

A friend of mine recently bought one and we took it to the range to sight it in. The trigger was incredibly light, the action was smooth as butter, and I liked the way the rifle balanced. Best of all, the only group I shot with it it was a hair over 1/2." This one was chambered in .270 and we were shooting remington corelokt ammo. It actually outshot my .308 by a bit that I was feeding handloads to.