Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 The Win 70 Is Back >

The Win 70 Is Back

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

The Win 70 Is Back

Old 11-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Default RE: The Win 70 Is Back

If you want a great 70 type rifle go with the Kimber 8400 standard(long action). You won't be sorry and it will be better than anything Browning/ Winchester puts out.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:49 PM

It will take many years of Winchester manufacturing a quality product before I will buy.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you want a great 70 type rifle go with the Kimber 8400 standard(long action). You won't be sorry and it will be better than anything Browning/ Winchester puts out.
It will take many years of Winchester manufacturing a quality product before I will buy.
FN has already been making Win Mod 70s for awhile now and much higher quality ones than made at the New Haven plant. They aren't exactly hunting rifles but are precision rifles known as the SPR and Patrol rifle. The SPR was good enough to become the rifle of choice for the FBI's HRT. FWIW, Kimber has come out with their own clone of the FN SPR recently, it might be close to being as good as the FN model, but its much more expensive.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:39 AM

if i want a real model 70 i will buy a real one the original 70 off of gun broker, and those prices are definately high.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think FN has got it down with building a quality model 70 rifle. They have been doing it for quite a long time now and produce some of the most accurate rifles made. If there is any manufacturer I would want producing the model 70 it would definetly be FN.
http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firearms/family.asp?fid=FNF006&gid=FNG005

Winchester hasn't been a "real" Winchester for 40 years.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's going to be a fine rifle..only place they messed up was with the new trigger. Nothing wrong with the old trigger was there? On the plus side people that were hoarding the New Haven guns have suddenly put them out on Gunbroker. I just picked up a 300 win mag Classic for a very good price even lower then the current retail on a Remington 700 (Gag) Anyone recommending a Kimber hasn't owned enough of them or sent enough back to get reworked.[:'(]
Old 11-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

It's going to be a fine rifle..only place they messed up was with the new trigger. Nothing wrong with the old trigger was there? On the plus side people that were hoarding the New Haven guns have suddenly put them out on Gunbroker. I just picked up a 300 win mag Classic for a very good price even lower then the current retail on a Remington 700 (Gag) Anyone recommending a Kimber hasn't owned enough of them or sent enough back to get reworked.[:'(]
Welcome Back, OEH!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is good to see ya back OEH!!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter
Anyone recommending a Kimber hasn't owned enough of them or sent enough back to get reworked.[:'(]
Wow, thats funny, last time you mentioned them you were singing their praises on how good and I should get a French walnut AAA version.

Guess you missed on that one recommendation.

Old 11-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

They had me fooled but I got wind of the garbage they put out. You know if they didn't make parts out of MIM steel and actually had Quality Control they wouldn't be so bad, but I shouldn't have to say that if a gun sells for 1000+ bucks.

Bottom line I don't want to be a lab rat for Kimber. From now on Sako,Winchester 70 , FN or Howa in my house. The rest sayonara.

Quick Reply: The Win 70 Is Back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.