Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

shotguns

Old 10-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default shotguns

so we are moving to a new house...right now we share a house with grandma...since i was 12 ive always had possession of a winchester 88 and winchester model 50 shotgun. i been cleaning the guns that her 2 husbands left behind since i could...just making sure they dont rust and are cared for..

funny thing is she has never GIVEN either gun to me..(those are the only 2 i WANT) i even tried to get them on birthdays and Christmas lol...

long story short, we are having slight troubles and dad told me make sure her guns stay...[:'(] [:@] i understand...be MAN...me and that model 50 go together like bread and butter...game flushes...gun fires...i retrieve what i killed...its one of THEM guns...i have to TRY to miss lol...

im sure its just the fit of the gun...but i dont know...its the only plain barreled shotgun ive ever shot...and has a 28" modified barrel...boy have i alone put some rounds through that gun...

sooooo i need to start looking atnew shotgun options...dont know when i'll get the money for it, but its never too early to start looking...

im torn between an autoloader or over/under...main uses are upland hunting..grouse, rabbits, pheasants etc...

i like the option of shooting 2 barrels..2 loads...2 chokes etc...but like the light weight autoloaders..but like the swinging of a o/u...

i need something reliable...its not uncommon for me to get into a dove field and shoot a ton of rounds...or bust brush all day flushing rabbits and pheasants..

i just dont know of any good o/u or autoloaders that wont break the bank...

3" shells arent needed..but wouldnt hurt...never know when i need a big shell..

ive never seen a used model 50 except on gunbroker..and dont think id go that route...i want to see and fondel the gun before buying...

dont know if vent rib or plain barrel matters in my shooting...i just know that model 50 is my game getter for some reason...

what would you guys say my options are?? probably looking at buying this summer, unless i make alot of money, then i will buy a new truck...lol..but if not, i wouldnt hesitate to spend 1000$ on a good shotgun...but gimme cheap 500 or less options..and 500-1000$ options...

oh...gotta be wood and blued..personal thing i cant beat up a synthetic stock..but to me, a synthetic gun doesnt look like an upland gun lol...

i do have other shotguns i can use in the mean time...but i cant go without a good upland gun....
Old 10-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: shotguns

I'll make ya a good deal on my benelli legacy 12 gauge. Got anything interesting to trade?