Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Pre-buyers remorse? >

Pre-buyers remorse?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Pre-buyers remorse?

Old 10-30-2007, 09:31 AM

Default Pre-buyers remorse?

Hey everyone,
Hope hunting has gone well for all. Wondering if I can get some feedback here. Been fixated on buying the Benelli SBE II, but am having second thoughts because of the pricetag. Without bringing up a seperate argument, I feel that this autoloader is top notch in the following areas-longevity, reliability, versatility (2.75"-3.5" loads), you get the idea or heard the stories.

So I am wondering given the price tag if anyone can comment on the following from personal experience (Remington 11's are out sorry, heard too much bad stuff from owners).

Winchester SX2
Mossberg 930 or 935 Ulti-Mag (shot the 930 before)
Browning Silver Stalker
Beretta 391

If there's another autoloader I am forgetting or that runs all shells, I am open. Looking for a gun that I can pass down to my son, and can take a bit of abuse.

Thanks.
Tim
Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pre-buyers remorse?

In my experience, if you dont buy the one that your heart is set on, and settle on something different, you will end up going back to what you wanted in the first place eventually anyhow. I have settled on something else time and time again and am finally starting to learn to just bite the bullet and drop the cash on what I want in the first place. Usually trying to save money on firearms related items ends up costing me more money in the long run. Case in point, buying a Remington 710 lol.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

The last part about handing down made me think you should go with your gut.

Tom
Old 10-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

I agree too. Get the one your gut says is right. My last gun purchase I almost talked myself into getting a different gun than the one I wanted. I'm very grateful that I went ahead and got the one that "spoke to me". Get the one that makes you say. Mmmmmmmmm. Then pass it on as your favorite gun. Not just the gun that you could afford or settled on.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can quit your worrying as of last month!!! I had always wondered what the big deal was about benellis. The fact that I have NEVER gotten the first one in shop for repair in 26+ years as gunsmith orta say something!! Anyway,I got a benelli legacy and that thing shoots so good,it's almost boring as it seems a person cannot miss,also mentioning recoil-I say WHAT recoil? I ain't ever been much on shotguns for any huntin except flying birds. You know anybody interested in my legacy with all fancy wood/engraving?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was going to say you left out this one:

http://www.remington.com/products/fi...camo_specs.asp

But, then noticed you had ruled out the Remington. I'm curious as to what problems you've heard of that made you rule it out. I've got an 11-87(standard model) that I used for years shooting sporting clays, and never had so much as a hiccup using it.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:26 PM

Think you guys hit the nail on the head. I have already done that with my elk rifle, and still kick myself from time to time. When you're looking at a gun that is comparable to a house payment, you thinklong and hard about it.

As far asRemingtonis concerned on the auto's, I just keep hearing internals fail. Hear the lifespan is 20-30,000 rounds, and that the benelli is many multiples of that.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:56 PM

tbrunson,
I was looking at purchasing a SBE II last winter. I wanted to buy an all around/multiple purpose shotgun. I wanted 3.5 inch for turkeys, butsomething that would cycle 2.75 inch for trap, skeet and sporting clays. I recieved many warnings that all brands of 3.5 inch autoloaders have potential troublecycling lighter 2.75 inch loads from time to time. Not sure what your intent for the gun will be, but just wanted to bring that to your attention since you mentioned versatility of shooting 2.75 to 3.5 inch loads. (Although, I did have some replies that stated they never had issues shootingtwo and three quarter loads.)

I ended up with a Browning BPS duratouch camo and have been very pleased. It will be great to pass ontomy lefthanded son since it ejects shells out the bottom and has a thumb safety on the top.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I know is a act of congress can't make my benelli malfunction.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:30 AM

another option would be the SBE I, about $3-400 less than the II.

Quick Reply: Pre-buyers remorse?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.