Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Pre-buyers remorse? >

Pre-buyers remorse?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Pre-buyers remorse?

Old 10-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pre-buyers remorse?

In my experience, if you dont buy the one that your heart is set on, and settle on something different, you will end up going back to what you wanted in the first place eventually anyhow.
This is so very true!

I had this experience when I wanted a Ruger .17HMR. But instead bought a Marlin 22WMR. About a year later I sold the Marlin and bought the Ruger having spent a year wishing I spent the extra money in the first place.

Go with your heart even if it means you have to wait a little longer to save up for it. Neither you or your son will regret it.

~Robert
Old 11-01-2007, 12:40 PM

stalkingbear, great comment. I could say that for my nova pump too. The SBE I would definitely be a worthy second. Everyone just seems to be high on the comfortech in the SBE II's. Maybe for good reason. Maybe not. Wonder if someone has published the difference in felt recoil for both systems. That's what the the comfortech is supposed to do, reduce FELT recoil.

5 years ago, I didn't understand why hunter's had to have the latest and greatest (map and compass vs. GPS) and am now doing it myself. Guess the real question is, doyou pay the $300-400 more for what could be marginal change? Sure I will, or I will be wondering what might have been. Ugh.

This is one of the best hobbies/passions invented, but it sure is expensive!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned 3 of the guns you mentioned. The 391, SX2, and the SBE II. The winchester sucked. I had a lot of problems with that gun. If it looked at a piece of dirt, it jammed. My buddy went through the same thing I did at the same time, with the exact same gun. My advice would be to not buy the SX2.The 391 and the SBE II, are the best two semi-auto shotguns I've ever shot. What I really liked the bestwas the perfection in cycling and never jamming at all. The 391 was a much better looking gun, but was a little harder to clean. The SBE II, had a recoil system built into the stock that made it hard to beat. I do not think you could go wrong with the SBE II, Or the Beretta 391, both are great guns!!! Good Luck!