Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 .270 or a 7mm >

.270 or a 7mm

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.270 or a 7mm

Old 10-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Spike

Default RE: .270 or a 7mm

sorry for not posting back earlier. I work about 60 hours a week and have a 1 year old so I don't have much free time. I went this last weekend and was looking at Tikka T3 in the 7mm and I believe that it is going to be my gun of choice. I like the accuracy guarantee and I like the feel of the gun. i appreciate all the replys that I have gotten and it has opened my eyes to the world of centerfire rifles. Thanks again all and I hope that everyone is having a great season..
Old 11-09-2007, 05:47 PM

Default RE: .270 or a 7mm

Personally I like the .270 better, but both are very capable rounds.

Don't let the possibility of elk hunting steer you away form the .270 if you like that one better. The .270 is more than capable of harvesting elk. Look up the guy who developed the .270 and all the animals he harvested with it.

I know several people who have taken a bunch of elk with the .243 let alone the .270. It is bullet choice and shot placement for than anything.