Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 whats the verdict on a .300WSM >

whats the verdict on a .300WSM

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

whats the verdict on a .300WSM

Old 10-15-2007, 09:17 PM

Default whats the verdict on a .300WSM

I have a Winchester model 70 Featherweight .300WSM. Give me the Downlow on this gun, any downsides, upsides, opinions
Old 10-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-15-2007, 09:51 PM

Default RE: whats the verdict on a .300WSM

Exactly!!! I need to use those exact words to explain to my significant other why I had to have it!!!! I thought about having the trigger worked and maybe (pondered the thought) of a muzzle brake, but others have turned me against that idea. It can def REACH out and touch SOMETHING!!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:16 PM

Before you break it, put a limbsaver on it. Then, buy 50 rounds of the cheapest ammo you can find. Take a 2x4, nail 4 inch nails all the way through it. Stick apples on the nails and place the board out 50 yds and let your SO shoot away. Then smile at her and tell her how much you love her shooting your gun.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:19 PM

that is one moderate downside, CHEAP AMMO..lol. but man its worth it
Old 10-16-2007, 09:06 AM

I usually just shoot the Winchester ammo, the remington ammo it doesnt seem to shoot so well
Old 10-16-2007, 01:26 PM

Hah, I meant $25/box vs $50/box. My gun actually like the cheap winny stuff. Once in a while I can get a box for under $25. Tell your SO you have got a great way to spend some quality time together and save money. Romantic winter nights spent snuggled up in front of your reloader!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds to me like a good reason to start reloading?? Or am I putting the cart in front of the horse??

And by the way you have a fantastic rifle that should last you a life time +++. The cartridge is all upside. There is no downside(except ammo cost), so buy yourself some dies and get started. Tom.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:50 PM

Any time you can get your SO involved w/ your hunting it is always a good thing. If they want to be your hunting partner, nothing wrong with that, if they decline, after you beg them, then they will usually be ok about your hobby. On a side note, although a 300WSM is expensive to shoot, factory ammunition is the same for 300WM. RUM, Weatherby and H&H is cost more to shoot.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:44 PM

well as far as the SO, I have introduced her into bow hunting last year and she actually loved it. Its been a little hard making her understand she cant come home from class or work, throw on hunting cloths and out the door. Or the fact she has to spray some cover scent on, STINKY S*** as she calls it. I am in the process of looking for her a 243 so we can shoot together. Im actually a pretty lucky guy, as long as she dont outdo me...haha.

Reloading, I have really wanted to get into reloading. everytime i think of reloading, i always remember the ole TK & Mike videos of mike shooting one of TK's reloads.lol. I would like to get into it, but I dont think I can afford it or have room for any of the equipment, so i guess $30-50 boxes will have to cut it, but its worth it, cause I LOVE everything about the gun. Wouldnt hurt to get a better scope, but you can only do what you can do. I always thought I had made a good choice by purchasing this gun, and you all have def reassured me. I bought it to be a collector, but I just couldnt let it sit there. It was like having a lamborgini sitting in the garage and not driving it.

Quick Reply: whats the verdict on a .300WSM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.