Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 CZ 550 .243 >

CZ 550 .243

Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

CZ 550 .243

Old 09-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CZ 550 .243

ORIGINAL: SShooterZ

ORIGINAL: BareBack Jack

Face to face transfers no paper work needed.
BBJ
Not true. If you're crossing state lines, an FFL transfer needs to take place.

From the ATF website:

(B3) May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser’s own State? [Back]

A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser's State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.
This appears to be correct. Its amazing how many people do not understand this law (myself included until now), even a local licensed dealer that is well known nationally did not know about this law. This pulled from http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/FederalGunLaws.aspx?ID=60:

"An individual who does not possess a federal firearms license may not sell a firearm to a resident of another state without first transferring the firearm to a dealer in the purchaser's state. Firearms received by bequest or intestate succession are exempt from those sections of the law which forbid the transfer, sale, delivery or transportation of firearms into a state other than the transferor's state of residence."

Now...understanding all of that, the buyer's mother lives in my city. Couldn't I simply write up a bill of sale and sell it to her?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Spike

Legally I don't see that being a problem as long and she is legal to own a gun.

If anyone ever squealed that you sold to her to circumvent the law, it could probably be perceived as a "straw purchase".

I wouldn't personally worry too much about it, but that's just me.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

SOLD
Old 10-08-2007, 01:05 PM

is the rifle LH or RH
Old 10-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: imafishin

is the rifle LH or RH