Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks >

handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

Old 09-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

hey, back in the original post we tried to tell you this was going to happen, you didn' like what we said then, so why start again.

think you just like to argue and have something to b**ch about
Old 09-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

You do the crime you do the time. That time can be jail, service, and/or waiting on state or court paperwork. IT IS YOUR FAULT! Paperwork can and does get lost anywhere. If you had not indulged you would not be waiting on it. Do you really expect sympathy? Every person is responsible for his or her own actions. I guess you need to burn some gas and drive down there. Just add the cost of the gas to your “time”.

mello
Old 09-11-2007, 06:32 PM

lol whatever fellas. im tired of arguing. when did i mention sympathy?

i know how responsible i am and the type of person i am, i dont need to prove it to you. i doubt most people on here who get asked to let people hunt there land will say yes off the bat, obviously. and actually, i did get one person to let me hunt with him, dougmD, ask him what type of person i am. you guys seem to judge extremely. marijuana no marijuana yall are funny. i think you guys need something to relax ya. everyone of you seems very stuck up, like a rich, stuck up, prissy a-hole. just my thoughts. you guys are so worried about marijuana that ya cant post an answer to my question. think what ya want, i dont need to prove anything to yall - in my eyes you arent good heartedpeople becasue you judge. the question i asked has nothing to do with those other posts. its cool dont respond ya know, yall dont know me and im glad i dont know you. its probably like walking on a thin line with you guys. i feel sorry for you and laugh at your ignorance and bias.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

You certainly don’t know me. I have served in the military and used that to bust my butt through school. I’m a Nurse and I am not allowed any misdemeanor without loosing my license. What I do see is that you are complaining about the unintended consciences of your actions. My advice as an older person that has dealt with bureaucracies longer than you is to drive down there and find out what is going on in person. Sometimes you have to annoy a paper pusher to get them to do their job.

(I here by apologize to any paper pusher that reads this)

mello
Old 09-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

thank you mello. i appreciate the advise.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since you admittedly plan on smoking up again, and apparently didn't learn your lesson the first time (so much for respect for the law even if you don't personally agree with it), then I hope you realise that if (when) you get busted again that you'd better not even be in the same zip code as your pistol. A drug crime while in possession of a handgun (ask your attorney what "possession" entails, the scope can be pretty broad depending on where you are), is a Federal Offense with a mandatory minimum of either 5 or 10 years without the possibility of parole and usually served consecutively to the drug charge sentence. 5 years is a long time, especially in a Federal prison. It's safe to say you don't want to go there. Getting high isn't worth that and all the stinkin' tea in China.

I'm not really sure what you expected from us here. You won't get any sympathy from me or most of the other members I've come to know here. If you'd have had your permit withheld for no reason other than an admin glitch that was no fault of your own then I'd say you have a legitimate gripe. But the fact is, YOU by your own admission broke the LAW, and whether you like it or not is irrelevant as it is still the law. And, unlike you, the State Police cannot casually ignore the law (and likely a binding policy directive from your state Attorney General) that says they must not issue a permit to you until your disqualifying offense is adjudicated and fully resolved to the the standard set forth by said law and policy. If that means you must wait until January for the court, which I'm sure has more important and pressing matters to attend to than your paperwork glitch (which, by your own admission, might be your own fault as well), so you can buy a handgun, so be it.

I'm going to back Big Country on this one. As the saying goes, you made your bed, now you sleep in it.

Mike
Old 09-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

drifter - dont want sympathy. just want a honest, non-degrading or critizing comment/adivse etc. maybe i was asking for a answer that isnt there, which i now understand. thank you for putting it how you did, its a big difference between how you have said it and how i interpreted big countries comments. either way, thanks
Old 09-12-2007, 05:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: geterdun2

i dont see how that relates to the post, but say what you wish.this situationactually doesnt have to deal with "dope", it has to deal with the papers not being signed and turned in correctly. im still getting the gun either way, the question is when. thanks so much for your information-filled reply bud, your great at that
What you are describing is, unfortunately, typical of what happens when a court and a bunch of lawyers get involved. Mostly, things get postponed, and drug out for much longer than it should take. My advice is "try not to become entangled in the legal system. Avoid lawyers if at all possible!!"
Old 09-12-2007, 06:05 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: geterdun2

why does it matter what the offense is? that doesnt make any sense to me.
Apparently it does to the State!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

What you should take out of this situation is two fold (at least from my view) :

1) When you deal with lawyers and courts make sure you have copies of everything. You have to be at least as organized as they are.

and

2) If you are willing to do things outside of the law you had better know every consequence to your life for doing those things. That would be inconvenience as in this case. Or monetary in others etc...

I hope they can get this cleared up for you but I doubt they are going to circumvent the system for you or even make any effort what so ever to help you. They likely don't sympathise with you and don't care about you at all or your desire to buy a hand gun.

Good Luck

Tom

P.S. You guys who are busting on him should really look at yourselves. How many of you speed and the complain to all you friends that you got a ticket. He's venting and you guys are kicking him in the nuts.

Quick Reply: handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.