Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks >

handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

Old 09-11-2007, 03:25 PM

Default handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

well all heres the situation. im not even sure what advise, if any, im looking for, but either way atleast i can vent my frustration.

a month ago i tried to buy a handgun after turning 21.gave the shop my 100$ deposit. background check came back and state police put me on hold because of a pending court case which was scheduled for sept 10 (simple misdeminor, nothing that was prohibit me from purchasing a handgun), yesterday. I have been talking to the prosecutor alot last 2 months and since i live2 hours from the county the case was in, i asked him if i could just complete the community service hours i needed in order to be put on the STET docket and not have to physically show up for the case (its called a pre-trial something or other)- he agreed. well, i completed the hours, sent in the paperwork for the com. service about 2 weeks ago. talked to the prosecutor about a week ago and he said i did everything i needed to do in order to be put on STET and clear the case. well I called today to make sure everything was alright, so i could go and complete the sales transaction with my handgun. he tells me it got postponed until freaking january because I didnt signa paperagrreing tothe STET, which Im sure I did (dont know if he lost it, or if i didnt sign it, but im pretty sure i did). so i told him the situation with the gunstore and that they have my deposit, he told me to call state police and see if they will accept a letter from him saying that even though the case is pending on the comp., its basically already set in stone that I will be put on STET. state trooper said no, it needs to be in the computer system before he can lift my hold.

so now im waiting for prosecutor to call me back and tell him what they said. im not sure how court system works, but does anyone have a guess on if the prosecutor can talk to the judge or something and enter my STET in the comp., so I dont have to wait until january. i couldnt beleive my ears when he told me, i have been anxiously waiting this whole month to finally get this case cleared and recieve my handgun, but seems like i cant get a break. i dont know if prosecutor lost the paper or what, but i know i signed it and theres nothing i can do now unless he can get it resolved aby alternate means. this has ruined my day lol. i really hope i dont have to wait until jan. again. im hoping he can just send/fax me the form, I can sign it and send it back, and he can take it to the judge or district court and have it resolved.

Any thoughts? if not its cool, i just really needed to vent and maybe someone has more knowledge about court system than i do. thaknks alot
Old 09-11-2007, 04:01 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

Sometimes smokin the dope just isn't worth it.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:13 PM

i dont see how that relates to the post, but say what you wish.this situationactually doesnt have to deal with "dope", it has to deal with the papers not being signed and turned in correctly. im still getting the gun either way, the question is when. thanks so much for your information-filled reply bud, your great at that
Old 09-11-2007, 04:18 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: geterdun2

i dont see how that relates to the post, but say what you wish.this situationactually doesnt have to deal with "dope", it has to deal with the papers not being signed and turned in correctly. im still getting the gun either way, the question is when. thanks so much for your information-filled reply bud, your great at that
Sorry I struck a nerve. But you went on and on like a freakin broken record a few months ago whining and crying when you got busted with the wackyweek. And I was even on your side. But then notice, you didn't learn crap and still didn't. Look at your post in deer hunting forum.

Bottom line is, if youdidn't get busted, then no STET, no problem getting a gun. No waste of bandwidth on this fine website. So pretty well, has everything to do with this.

Your not stoned now are ya

Old 09-11-2007, 04:46 PM

1st off, you didnt strike a nerve, i was commenting just like you did.

i didnt whine or cry about anything. i was asking a question,just like i am now. i didnt ask for anyones opinion on marijuana, at all, i asked about a legal question, which i got answered.

how do my posts in that deer forum mean i didnt learn anything? you seem to forget what these threads are asking. longisland was asking what to do in that situation, he didnt ask who likes marijuana and who hates it, lol, that wasnt even the subject.you seem to have moved these questions into another aspect of discussion, which does nothing for anyone.

the bottom line is i am asking a question regarding a legal question about the courts, not about smokign marijuana lol. you seem to want to bring it up just because we have different opinions on the topic. this post has NOTHING to do with marijuana, it has to do with if a prosecutor has the power to resolve a court case before the actual date in my situation. marijuana wasnt even mentioned in my posting... at all? you seem to want to continue to use that against me, and while i sort of appreciate your support (a little), iwish you would keep your comments about marijuana to yourself because they dont relate whatsoever to this post and dont effect my thinking in any way. if i am wasting space or your time, dont reply - its pretty simple. i really dont want to get into a whole new convo about marijuana use, it has nothing to do with this post. if you dont know the answer about the courts im asking, then move on to the next forum topic and post there. i will do what i want in life and face the consequences, you do the same.

for the record, not that it matters, i hardly smoke marijuana. like i said i have before, and prob. will sometime in the far future, but by no means am i a "pothead" and by no means do icare what you think of me. im not stoned now - i havent been in a pretty long time if you must know - not that its any of your concern or helps whatsoever with this post.

if noone has an answer to my question, that is great honestly, but please dont make remarks judging me on an aspect that deals nothing with my question. even if this just lets me vent my frustration, in my book it has helped me, since i cant talk to anyone at work really, i thought i could vent here because i was pretty sure people on here care and try to help, just like i do when others post threads.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

[/align]
Old 09-11-2007, 05:26 PM

lol you guys are wild. where in this post did i say anything about doing a crime and not doing the time?wow. there is no time to do, it was that insignificant of a chargelol. forget it, you guys cant be talked to. thanks for all the help
Old 09-11-2007, 05:50 PM
bigcountry

1st off, you didnt strike a nerve, i was commenting just like you did.

i didnt whine or cry about anything. i was asking a question,just like i am now. i didnt ask for anyones opinion on marijuana, at all, i asked about a legal question, which i got answered.
Holy cow, I hope thats a joke, you went on and on for days like a 12 year old. Do a search on it.

how do my posts in that deer forum mean i didnt learn anything?
You mentioned you will probably do it again.After all that. Getting caught, having to do community service, having your handgun permit held, you say its insignificant. And would be foolish/plain dumb enough to say you probably will do it again.

the bottom line is i am asking a question regarding a legal question about the courts, not about smokign marijuana lol. you seem to want to bring it up just because we have different opinions on the topic. this post has NOTHING to do with marijuana, it has to do with if a prosecutor has the power to resolve a court case before the actual date in my situation. marijuana wasnt even mentioned in my posting... at all?
Yep, you left out the offense. I guess I would too.

if noone has an answer to my question, that is great honestly, but please dont make remarks judging me on an aspect that deals nothing with my question. even if this just lets me vent my frustration, in my book it has helped me, since i cant talk to anyone at work really, i thought i could vent here because i was pretty sure people on here care and try to help, just like i do when others post threads.
Can't we vent on your foolishness?

Old 09-11-2007, 06:02 PM

why does it matter what the offense is? that doesnt make any sense to me. so if it was for a DWI you would try to answer my question...but since its for marijuana you wont? makes alot of sense.

i didnt wine about nothing. i dont need a search, i was the one who started the thread. i asked ifa STETwould restrict me from purchasing a handgun. i dont see how thats wining. people made comments, i gave my opinion, where did i say "OMMGGG GUYS IM SO DUMB, I GOT CAUGHT WITH MARIJUANA AND NOW I HAVE TO DO COMMUNITY SERVICE, I HATE MY LIFEEEE, PLEEEAAASEEE HELP ME" lol- nowhere.

i just think its funny how you are so pressed on the marijuana issue. i didnt even mention it at all. and you brought it up. seems like you care more than me. i was just asking a question. now i see why in some other posts people hated arguing with you, because you sort of make no sense - and i tried to defend you. i asked a simple question, if ya dont know the answer, its cool, but i dont see the need to continue to bring it up. seems like your kind of stuck up and need to relaxa little honestly lol. its actually a little amusing because i never, whatsoever, mentioned marijuana, and all of a sudden you go raving on about it. im not gonna argue with ya bud, post what you want, your intelligence level and ignorance levelis pretty obvious to me.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:16 PM
bigcountry

why does it matter what the offense is? that doesnt make any sense to me. so if it was for a DWI you would try to answer my question...but since its for marijuana you wont? makes alot of sense.

i just think its funny how you are so pressed on the marijuana issue. i didnt even mention it at all. and you brought it up. seems like you care more than me. i was just asking a question. now i see why in some other posts people hated arguing with you, because you sort of make no sense - and i tried to defend you. i asked a simple question, if ya dont know the answer, its cool, but i dont see the need to continue to bring it up. seems like your kind of stuck up and need to relaxa little honestly lol. its actually a little amusing because i never, whatsoever, mentioned marijuana, and all of a sudden you go raving on about it. im not gonna argue with ya bud, post what you want, your intelligence level and ignorance levelis pretty obvious to me.
It matters what the offense was because you admited you probably will do it again.If it was DUI, and you said, you will probably do it again, again, I would say your a first rate loser, who doesn't have the common sense to own a gun or go hunting with a bow. And I bet most on here would agree.

You ever wonder why all the MD folks you have PM'd won't let you hunt on thier land?

If I am so stuck up, why would PM me several times trying to score some land to hunt? Now your funny. I bet if I let you hunt on land I have access too, you wouldn't be singing this tune.

Quick Reply: handgun permit on hold, still - this sucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.