Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 .22 Handgun choices/recommendations >

.22 Handgun choices/recommendations

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.22 Handgun choices/recommendations

Old 08-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default .22 Handgun choices/recommendations

I'm looking at getting adecent .22 semi-auto handgun. I've been looking at the Browning Buckmark and the Ruger MK III SS Hunter (4.5 inch barrel). Any input as far as accuracy or reliabilty of one vs. the other? Any other suggestions? I want something accurate, stainless, and easy to carry. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:35 PM

Default RE: .22 Handgun choices/recommendations

I have Rugers & have shot several others, generally pretty good guns, reliable & accurate. Is the Browning made in America?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have the Ruger Hunter and the Browning Buckmark Camper. Both guns shoot very well. The Camper was a little cheaper when I got mine. You can't go wrong with the Ruger for sure.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have used a stainless Ruger Mark II with the 6 7/8 barrel for 20 years or so...With open sights at 25 yards it will shoot around 1 1/2 inch groups...I have killed a bunch of squirrels and snakes with this gun...

One thing you need to check into if you plan to hunt with, in NC, the barrel has to be at least 6 inches to be legal...I've often thought a 4 inch barrel would be better to carry, and probably won't lose too much accuracy.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

I have a Smith and Wesson model 22A. It's a very affordable 22 semi auto and I've found it to be very accurate.
I would recommend you take a look at it. I also agree that you won't go wrong with either of your choices you mentioned.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I wanted a pistol that I could get tons of aftermarket parts and build the gun up as I wanted as I could afford it I would get the Ruger. If I wanted to buy a gun and be happy with it as it left the factory, I would buy a Browning Buckmark.
I own both Rugers and Brownings and enjoy each.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:54 AM

I have both, and think you could not go wrong with either one. Reliability and accuracy are superb. I guess technically, the ruger maybe inherently more accurate, but I doubt you would ever be able to tell the difference. Your choice should come down to which ever one feels and fits best for you.

good luck
Old 08-30-2007, 08:01 PM

I have a Ruger MK 2 (early model) with a 10"bull barrel. Shoots like a rifle, better than I can hold. I also have aS&W early model K-22. It too shoots great but I find it a bit light for my taste.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a S&W 422 in a six inch barrel with adjustable sites. This is one sweet shootin 22 auto. I don't know how easy they are to find but I'd recommend looking at one of these.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been looking at the Browning Buckmark hand guns for over a year now and they look awesome!!!

I should have bought the one they had (Gun Shop) in their case last Winter...could have bought it for around $319.00 + tax.But I had too many irons in the fire and had to decline!

Quick Reply: .22 Handgun choices/recommendations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.