Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Boycott Ebay (anti-gun) >

Boycott Ebay (anti-gun)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Boycott Ebay (anti-gun)

Old 08-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Boycott Ebay (anti-gun)

I got on Ebay to look for a barrel for a mossberg and there were none. This set off a red flag, a few weeks ago there was a ton of them. No Rem. 870 barrels either. Not even an Encore barrel! There are no magazines either. Here is part of the policy.

This is much more restrictive than before, I will never buy another item from Ebay again.

Here is the link and part of the policy.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

Firearms, Ammunition, Firearm Parts and Accessories: eBay prohibits members from listing firearms, ammunition, as well as certain parts and accessories. Any part or accessory that is required for a gun to fire is not permitted. This includes, but is not limited, to the prohibited items listed below.
Prohibited
Firearms
[*]
Actual firearms[*]
Collectibles, antiques, replicas, blank guns, paintball guns, "air soft" guns*, pellet guns, replica, toy guns, cap guns and "look-alike" guns if they do not have clear markings permanently affixed to them (commonly blaze orange markings on the barrel or a blaze orange plug inserted into the barrel) or if they are readily convertible to shoot a lethal projectile[*]
BB guns, air guns, black powder guns or muzzle-loader guns. Listings that use the term “BB gun” in the item title or description of any listing for an air soft or replica gun.[*]
Stun guns
[*]
The possession and sale of stun guns is prohibited in Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Wisconsin, and the District of Columbia and may also be illegal in other locations within the United States. In addition to being prohibited under certain state laws, some municipalities also limit stun gun sales.[*]
Stun guns that are designed to look like everyday items, such as cell phones or flashlights, or which are designed to be hidden or concealed, are not permitted on eBay.
[/ul][/ul]Ammunition
[*]
This includes live, inert, and blank ammunition, as well as any component used to make up an actual round of ammunition, such as lead bullets, brass/casings, shells, primers and gunpowder.
[/ul]Parts and Accessories
[*]
Assault weapon-related parts or accessories. This prohibition applies to all parts and accessories related to any firearm defined as an "assault weapon" by federal or California law. For more details on assault weapons, please visit http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/awlist.htm and http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/awguide/awguide.php.[*]
Firearm receivers or frames, whether complete receivers and frames, components and parts of receivers and frames, or "cut" or "80%" receivers.[*]
Parts or accessories prohibited for sale by federal or California law, including items related to short-barreled shotguns or short-barreled rifles, fully automatic weapons, large-capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators and camouflaging firearm containers.[*]
Any of the following items, including those that are required for a gun to fire: silencers, converters (items that can be used to give a firearm automatic capability), kits that can be used to create a firearm, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, choke tubes, trigger assemblies, potato guns and cannons, flares, flare launchers, flare guns, flare gun receivers, short barrels and any illegal firearm-related items.
[/ul]
Old 08-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Boycott Ebay (anti-gun)

Already sent them email and cancelled my account. Might not do any good but it is the principle of the thing. Pity they don't have more knife making supplies on gunbroker.com.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:34 PM

Just make sure your favorite sellers know why you're leaving before you log off for good.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't doubt what you say. However, I did just buy 3 weeks back another factory magazine for my Tikka T3 from a seller in eBay. I didn't have any problems with with the purchase.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ebay said that as of Aug 13th they would no longer accept any items for auction that could be used in the firing of a weapon
Old 08-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

So you all must've missed it a year or three ago when they had a similar policy? Didn't boycott 'em then? Do as you wish, but I gotta wonder why everyone all upset about this wasn't using a very obviously pro-gun sire such as GunBroker or Auction Arms? Do you know of the stance on firearms of each business you are a customer of? How about your workplace? Just saying if you're gonna boycott one, why not a few others as well? Or wait, maybe it's just those that are convient...
Old 08-24-2007, 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Maine Shooter

So you all must've missed it a year or three ago when they had a similar policy? Didn't boycott 'em then? Do as you wish, but I gotta wonder why everyone all upset about this wasn't using a very obviously pro-gun sire such as GunBroker or Auction Arms? Do you know of the stance on firearms of each business you are a customer of? How about your workplace? Just saying if you're gonna boycott one, why not a few others as well? Or wait, maybe it's just those that are convient...
Well said.

How many people here wear Levi jeans, eat Sarah Lee products, or Ben & Jerrys Ice cream, have phone service through Sprint, buy cards from Hallmark, go to an AMC cinema, or listen to records from A&M? They are all REAL anti gun corporations. How many here have written them? Or done anything?

And, this is my take on the ebay thing. It has NOTHING to do with being an antigun company. It has EVERYTHING to do with not being sued. Remember those kids/parents from Columbine who wanted to sue Kmart for selling the ammo that was used in the shooting? They made a business decision that keeps them from being liable in a court. Even if it is a bogus suit, defence lawyers are still very expensive. Not to mention the bad press they would get.

But if it makes you feel better to boycott them, have at it. What ever helps you sleep at night. But, I suggest you learn who the real enemies of the 2A are. Concentrate your fight where it is really needed.

JMHO of course.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:54 PM

I didn't kow about Sarah Lee, but I did know about Levi's. So I found it ironic to find Levi's hunting clothes while strolloing down the camo aisle at wallyworld. I don't know whether I should write the company or write to the anti-hunting organizations they support and squeal on them. Maybe both.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:57 PM

I can honestly say that not only do I own or purchase any of the items you listed but when KMart announced that they were removing ammunition from there stores to avoid lawsuit I and entire family stopped buying anything from them. You do what you think is best to protect your Second Amendment but don't ever chastise other people for doing what they feel is best. You are not the lone decider of the Second Amendment Crusade.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Waterproof

I can honestly say that not only do I own or purchase any of the items you listed but when KMart announced that they were removing ammunition from there stores to avoid lawsuit I and entire family stopped buying anything from them. You do what you think is best to protect your Second Amendment but don't ever chastise other people for doing what they feel is best. You are not the lone decider of the Second Amendment Crusade.
Never said I was the "lone decider of the 2A crusade".People get mad and want to do something, which is great. But put that effort into the actual fight.

I have seen many, many, many threads pertaining to this issue with Ebay all over boards. If people spent half the time sending letters and following through with boycotts of actual antigun corporations that they have complaining about Ebay, we might get somewhere.

The fact is, people automatically assume that Ebay is antigun because of there new stance. When in fact they are not. They are merely working on self preservation in a lawsuit happy world.

Back when people were up in arms about Zumbo making his statement, I was saying people need to put that much energy into contacting senetors and congress critters. Could you imagine what would happen if the .gov would get that kind of flow that Zumbo's sponsors did?

In the end, people need to do what they think is best. I was merely trying to point out that their energy could be best utilized elsewhere.

Have a good one, I am done with this subject.

Quick Reply: Boycott Ebay (anti-gun)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.