Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ruger All-Weather >

Ruger All-Weather

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger All-Weather

Old 01-03-2003, 07:00 AM

Default Ruger All-Weather

Hi all,

Dos anyone have any experience with the Ruger All-Weather Bolt Actions? I am looking at getting a new rifle within the next few months and really love my Ruger deerfield 44. I haven't been able to find much information on the web about it other than Ruger's web site. I am thinking .308 or .270 for my next gun.

-Camp_13
Old 01-03-2003, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ruger All-Weather

I have one in 260 and after I did a trigger job on it,it is a very good shooter.Have a 77/50 also and had the same problem with the trigger.Mine is the MK11 with the uguly stock,but I really like it.If ruger came out with an adjustable trigger they would have something.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/memb...ght&encore.jpg
Old 01-03-2003, 04:19 PM

I have one in .243 and love it. The trigger has a lot of creep and is little hard to pull. (I am in the middle of trigger work now) I have to say it is ugly but the rifle has always shot well. I also put a full camo job on it barrel, scope and all. I would buy another one in a second.

Old 01-03-2003, 04:20 PM

Oh...Welcome to the board.

Old 01-03-2003, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

It's a great rifle. A bit ugly, perhaps, but durable and a pretty good shooter if you have the trigger adjusted. The .308 or the .270 should serve you well for anything you may want to hunt in this country (except brown bears, of course).

If you're looking solely for a deer rig, you might want to take a hard look at the .260 Rem. Kind of a cross between the other two, so to speak. Won't kick as hard, though. Ditto the 7mm-08, if they are chambering the rifle for that cartridge.

Good Dogwork and Good Hunting
Old 01-03-2003, 05:32 PM

I have one in 30-06. I love it---very acurate.
Old 01-04-2003, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a 243Win and a 25-06 Rem in the ugly stock as someone put it .I bought both of them at the same time on a close out sale and now I wish I had bought a couple of other calibers . Very good shooting guns and I got them very cheap . I like the stock myself .
Old 01-04-2003, 05:35 AM

herman...

is the one you have in 260rem have a 16" barrel?

Old 01-04-2003, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one of the "ugly" stocked Rugers in 30-06. I have found it to be at least as accurate as any of my other stock factory bolt actions. The trigger is somewhat disappointing but for hunting accuracy it is ok. It has become my rifle of choice when big game hunting and when I decide to buy a new bolt action it will more than likely be another M77 MKII.
Old 01-05-2003, 03:11 PM

I have the same gun that ya'll are talking about (m77 MarkII) but personally I don't think the stock is ugly, I think it is different. I don't think they are making the zytel stock anymore (zytel = "ugly&quot. Mine is a .270 and I am very pleased with it. I think the .270 is a great deer caliber but these are only my opinions. The trigger is terrible from the factory but it can be worked on. I brought mine to a gunsmith and had the poundage lowered to 2.5 lbs. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Ruger All-Weather

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.