Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Talk to me about the Glock 19 >

Talk to me about the Glock 19

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Talk to me about the Glock 19

Old 07-31-2007, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Talk to me about the Glock 19

I found a Glock 19 9mm in great shape (in fact it looks like new inside and out) with Trijicon Night sights for $399.

I was thinking of dropping the same amount of cash in a Bersa Thunder 9 until I spotted the used Glock 19..........I'm assuming it's probably a Gen 2 model but I have very limited Glock knowledge. My current Auto for the house is an XD .40 and I wanted something a little slimmer to carry in a 9 which is also a little cheaper to play with on the range.

Anything I should know, look for and is it a good price before I plunk down the cash tomorrow night.

Deal or No deal?

Old 07-31-2007, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Talk to me about the Glock 19

not a bad price. I like the 19 I think it's the best all around gun size out there. Can't go wrong
Old 07-31-2007, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Its definately a good gun and thats a fair price. Any extras with it? I bought a xd .40 for my girlfriend and although it was nice it was a little heavy for her to shoot. So we went shopping for a glock 19 that she really liked. But she changed her mind andshe got a s&w M&P which is a very nice gun with changeble grips for any handsize. I actually bought an M&P myself I liked it so much. But you cant go wrong with the glock either. I alsolike the glock 23 same exact gun as the 19but in the .40 which I love. Id snag it up.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can't go wrong with a 19. I just got one 2 weeks ago and love it. Pefect size for CCW and still big enough for a range toy or security/police work. Plus 9mm ammo is still cheap and with good hollowpoints its good for seld defense. I have heard few problems with glocks.

Check out Glock talk for any feedback also.

Buy it you'll love it.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

Ill tell you about Glock in general, outstanding, lightweight, very concealable, accurate ot of the box, and most of all RELIABLE!!!. I have six other pistols for carry porposes that sit in my safe, all I carry is my Glock 30 45acp. I would not recomend it for the novice though, I would recomend a snub-nose 38 or an auto with a manual safety, after one learns that there is only one real safety " well really two, your brain and index finger" then I would get a Glock. At 399.oo I would go ahead and snag it up, good price with nite sites.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:09 AM

Just picked up my Glock 23yesterday and love it. Shot well and kick wasn't that bad at all.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Son of a............[:@]

I went over at lunch to put some cash and hold on it until tonight. GONE.
Somebody came in last night and bought it.
I knew it.

So PlanB: Brand new Bersa "Thunder 9"
Fits my hand like a glove, nice trigger and my buddy has a .380 that shoots great. I've heard good things about Bersa so I think I'm gonna give this one a try.

But, Son of a............!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Typical Buck

i have Bersa 380 thunder and that's a nice gun too. Your not hurtin here. I have shot alot of guns and personally i don't care for the glock. the angle of the grip isn't right for me. Bersa and Springfield XD are my guns of choice.

Don't want to start a war with any glock guys but i can't see why anyone would chose it over the XD if they are paying regular retail.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:11 PM

I got my glock brand new for 480, I would definitely seriously considered the XD, but I decided to go with a 40 instead for right now (I wanted a compact model)
Old 08-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Keep looking. The Glock 19 is one of the finest pistols ever made,IMHO.

I've had mine since before the Rappers and NBA players found out about them and have fired easily over 5,000 rounds through it without a hitch.

Quick Reply: Talk to me about the Glock 19

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.