Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Pine Ridge Scopes >

Pine Ridge Scopes

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Pine Ridge Scopes

Old 12-30-2002, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pine Ridge Scopes

Has anyone had any experiences with Pine Ridge Scopes. Cabela's sells these scopes and I do not know who manufacturers them or if they are any good. I am trying to get one for my lever action rifle. I only shoot 100 yards or less.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:01 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Pine Ridge Scopes

I got two of them and they suit my purpose ok. I got one on my muzzleloader and another on my .22 squirrel rifle. I saw first hand this year the differences in a my leupolds and pine ridge. It was early muzzleloading season and 6:45AM, and I see this deer moving. Everytime I tried to scope, I couldn't make him out very well due to the reflections of the bright sky coming up from the east and viewing into dark woods to the west. These reflections on the scopes lenses don't seem like a big deal, but do if your in that situation. So that day, I saw where antireflective lensens come in handy and also coated with index matching coatings. Also, the clarity isn't near as good as a good Burris, or Leupold, or Kahles. So that day, I saw where antireflective lensens come in handy and also coated with index matching coatings. For my .22, its perfect, but if I had it do over again on my inline muzzleloader, I would go with a good weaver, or even simmons shotgun scope. I just can't justify putting on a 250 dollar leupold on a 190 dollar muzzleloader.

Also, I was adjusting this muzzleloader with a boresighter. I could see the cross hairs not moving very uniform when clicking my elevation on these pine ridges. You get what you pay for up to 500 dollars.

Old 12-31-2002, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks, BIGCOUNTRY, I was looking at Weaver and Simmons also and didn't know if I had to throw another choice in there. I also paid $200 for my lever action and can't justify spending over $100 for a rifle scope for it. If the scope cost to much then I will use iron sights to shoot with. I am deadly at 50 yards but only keep 10"-12" groups at 100 yards. I want more accuracy at 100 yards without spending all season practicing.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

I'd go with the Alaskan Guide scopes from Cabelas. I put a 2x7 on a 450 Marlin and the scope cost around $169. Its alot better scope with not much more cost. Zeak
Old 01-01-2003, 07:17 PM

Don't get a Pine Ridge! They're made in China and they are cheap junk. You could bend the scope tube with your thumb and index finger. You can get Bushnell Banner or Trophy model for just a little more and you'll have a much better, more reliable scope. Midway USA has good prices on all the Bushnell scopes.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

AMEN!!!!! To what shooter Dan said. You can,t beat the Bushnell Banner for the money. I use them and expcect to get many years of trouble free service from them. Midway has several of them for well under 100.00 bucks. There is no reason to spend three times what you need to for a Damn good scope.

Old 01-02-2003, 07:00 AM
bigcountry

Bushnell, you guys got to be kidding me. That was a joke right?

Old 01-02-2003, 07:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I second what Bigcountry said ...you have got to be kidding..
Old 01-02-2003, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

I have been told my many that the only Bushnell scope that is any good is the Trophy. I own a B&L Elite 3000 and it is on my 7mm and I will swear by it, but it is a bit to pricy to put on a lever action where I am only shooting 100 yards. Any commnets on the Trophy?
Old 01-02-2003, 05:51 PM

I just got a Swift scope and love it... Made by Swift.

Quick Reply: Pine Ridge Scopes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.