Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
 Sell it or dont mention it >

Sell it or dont mention it

Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Sell it or dont mention it

Old 07-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Sell it or dont mention it

To everyone selling a gun or thinking of such:

If you put a gun up here for sale, SELL IT! Dont put it here as a 'lets see if someone might want it'.

In the last 6 months, I have had deals to buy 2 different guns from 2 different members, and in the end, I bought 0 guns. Both individuals (who will remain nameless unless they find this and post BS excuses as to why they backed out) backed out as the pressure was on to deliver.

While I realize this isnt eBay and there is no obligation to deliver, I think it is in very poor taste to lead people on.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:23 PM

Default RE: Sell it or dont mention it

Amen to that.

Along that same line of thinking if you say you will take something man up and actually follow through with what you say.

I agree 100% Okie and would like to see management take steps against people that break either of those agreements.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right on!
IMHO "thinking of selling" is trolling for bids
Old 07-07-2007, 05:11 AM
Spike

To add to that, I'd also say if someone says for local sale only, don't ask them to ship it.

They want to sell it locally, its their gun, that should be respected.

Asking them to ship it, even when adding more funds, is not what they're offering, so I wouldn't expect them to be too accomodating.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes people have second thoughts. Other times they just want to get a feel for what someone might pay for their gun.

Whatever their reason, they are free to do whatever they want and aren't obligated in any way to do anything they don't wish to.

Many people are turned off when they find out how much of a hassle it is to sell and export firearms across state lines, not to mention shipping costs.

It's perfectly acceptable to entertain offers for something. If someone accepts your offer then recieves a higher offer, who are you to feel that you're somehow entitled to it?

Man up your offer if you want it, it's buisness not a buddy system.

Simple as that.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:46 PM

well I don't care to remain nameless about this one, I did post a gun for sale, and I did post it to sell locally only! I am not the one who asked to have it shipped.As far as I am concerned it is my gun and if I don't want to put up with the hassle of shipping thats my choice, no one elses! If you have a problem with that then don't ask some one to ship if they are selling locally. It would be different if there was a deposit put down, but if not then let it go, its not the end of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Fork Horn

As for the 'only sell locally' bit, if thats the case, why not put it in the local paper?

Sticken: I understand you put it locally only and I am the one that asked for shipping. I also offered extra $ for your troubles. You agreed. If you truly DIDNT want the hassle, you should have said so from the start.

In response to Brutalattack: If someone offered more than the agreed upon price I should at least have the opportunity to match or better it. Wouldnt you want the same opportunity? As for shipping, the buyer usually pays shipping costs so that excuse is just an excuse.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Fork Horn

And I AM letting it go....I was just asking all others here what my original post said: Sell it or dont mention it.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

To everyone selling a gun or thinking of such:

If you put a gun up here for sale, SELL IT! Dont put it here as a 'lets see if someone might want it'.

In the last 6 months, I have had deals to buy 2 different guns from 2 different members, and in the end, I bought 0 guns. Both individuals (who will remain nameless unless they find this and post BS excuses as to why they backed out) backed out as the pressure was on to deliver.

While I realize this isnt eBay and there is no obligation to deliver, I think it is in very poor taste to lead people on.

David
I have had the same thing happen to me.

Always a lame excuse.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: okietreedude

In response to Brutalattack: If someone offered more than the agreed upon price I should at least have the opportunity to match or better it. Wouldnt you want the same opportunity? As for shipping, the buyer usually pays shipping costs so that excuse is just an excuse.
You "shouldn't" get or deserve anything. It's not a union. You're not entitled to anything. It's nice of the person to be as fair as possible but it certainly isn't required by law or anything else other than politeness. I don't screw people over like that but I also don't expect such good treatment from others, it's just setting myself up for disappointment.

It also works both ways. If my Uncle JimBob offers me less money than you did, I'm certainly free to sell it to him if I see fit.

Nothing you can really do about it and no rules can be made to say otherwise. If the person burns you, don't do buisness with them. Lesson learned. Some people are just jerks.

Who pays shipping costs really is not relevant. It's still a hassle to ship a firearm,especiallyacross state lines,and it's another potential hurdle to getting the transaction completed regardless of who foots the bill.

Quick Reply: Sell it or dont mention it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.