Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Remington or Sako for a .270? >

Remington or Sako for a .270?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Remington or Sako for a .270?

Old 06-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default Remington or Sako for a .270?

I have had my eye on a Sako for quite a while, today I found a limited edition Remington 700 with a stainless fluted barrel that I can't get off my mind.
I will be using it for local coyote hunting (it's the largest bore I can use locally) and for deer when I go up north a bit..
I teetered on the Tikka too for a while, but I am trying to justify the extra cost of this Remington.. I want the most accurate rife I can get for ranges out to about 150 yards. The Remington is the nicest looking rifle I have seen yet, how do they shoot?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Remington or Sako for a .270?

I can only speak from my experience and my BIL's, that we both have Sakos (L691s....over ten years old) and consider them to be the most accurate rifles we have. Individual rifles, however, can be more accurate than the reputation of line, and vice-versa. If you can shoot that Rem 700 before hand, it might be worth it. But, I think consistently, if you buy a Sako, you will have an accurate rifle.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:25 PM

I don't think you will see much accuracy difference between the two at only 150 yards. Obviously, my luck has been with Model 700s, and it's probably one of the most used actions for accuracy.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

As previously mentioned at 150 yards either one should do just fine. As for me with my Sakos, it’s all about the handling of the rifle and other features that would make me sway towards the Sako, but it’s all about personal preference. Good Luck...
Old 06-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Sako
Old 06-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned both brands and the Sako gets my vote for the following reasons:

- more reliable extractor (that's been my experience anyway)
-excellent factorytrigger
- fixed ejector
- one piece bolt body (the 700 has a brazed on nose and handle)
- stock design (Sakos just fit me better)
- shorter bolt lift
- better fit and finish

The 700 hasa few strongpoints too, but overall I think more thought and effort goes into the design andmanufacture of the Sakos.

Old 06-26-2007, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

Great, so now I am back on the fence.. I will look closer at the Sako, everyone seems to appreciate them. The Sako looks more modern to me, not so much traditional etching and wood.. I just don't know.. Looks like no matter what I choose I will end up smiling.
Who would have thought there would be so many decisions to make when I go gun shopping.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

Who would have thought there would be so many decisions to make when I go gun shopping.
Oh yeah, it’s all part the fun...
Old 06-26-2007, 08:43 PM

Any decent gun will do and most factory guns shoot great (compared to factory guns of 100 years ago). Remingtons are great and well known for accuracy. BUT! Sakos are AWFULLY SWEET!! You can just feel how well made they are when you cycle the action.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seems to me like you're on two different ends of the spectum. You're comparing a Ferrari and a Yugo.

Tom

Quick Reply: Remington or Sako for a .270?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.