Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 calling all simmons haters >

calling all simmons haters

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

calling all simmons haters

Old 06-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default calling all simmons haters

You guys were right. I shot my CZ 527 this weekend. I couldn't get the scope to zero . I took the gun back to Gander Mountain and had the set up checked out. The gun and rings were fine[as I thought they would be]. The problem had to be the scope. I took the simmons 4-12x40 offthe gun. I bougtht the weaver 2-10x 38 I was wanting in the first place. I went out the next day and was playing connect the dots after just a few shots. Now I need to send the 8-point back to simmons. What is going to happen with simmons? Will they send me a new scope or refund my money? I don't need a new scope. I wouldn't wipe my butt with it anyway. Maybe I'll give it to my father in-law. hehehehehe

[/align]
Old 06-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: calling all simmons haters

Well....I have a buddy that has an Aetec...He bought about 6 years ago, so far I have returned it to Simmons twice and twice they have returned a new scope to him...
Old 06-10-2007, 04:40 PM

You bought the scope, so you really have nobody to blame but yourself
Old 06-10-2007, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Beartooth375

You bought the scope, so you really have nobody to blame but yourself
But me, I can blame Savage Arms forstrapping that turd log onto my .270 for mehehe.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]beartooth, It is my fault because I didn't research those scopes before I bought it. I had one on a .17 hmr that had no problems so I thought I was safe. The difference is that a .17 has almost no recoil.My .223 kicks a little more than that. THe Hmr came with a Simmons 3-9x40 8-point scope. It worked well for the entire time I owned the gun. I thought they would all work as well. I was wrong.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a winchester black shadow and this very scope came with it. I only left it on and shot 20 rounds through it to verify it would shoot. Weeks later, I bought the pentax gameseeker. It isnt a scope to really depend on. I put it on my 22 rimfire and I had probles zeroing it as well. But what do you want for 35 bucks? Ej
Old 06-10-2007, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: standsleeper

beartooth, It is my fault because I didn't research those scopes before I bought it. I had one on a .17 hmr that had no problems so I thought I was safe. The difference is that a .17 has almost no recoil.My .223 kicks a little more than that. THe Hmr came with a Simmons 3-9x40 8-point scope. It worked well for the entire time I owned the gun. I thought they would all work as well. I was wrong.
Hey, its alright, we have all been in that boat before, just be thankful you didn't have the same experience with a rifle [:@]
Old 06-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

While none are for any centerfire firearms, I've used Simmons on a few rimfires and been pretty darn satisfied with them. Heck, one I got new for under $25 and it got clear optics and holds zero very well. No complaints here.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have several Aetecs and have had for years. The Aetec is every bit the scope that My Luepolds are. I have several of them as well. I wouldn,t buy an 8 point but the old White Tail Classics were great and the fixed power Pro hunters can't be hurt with a hammer.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

. The Aetec is every bit the scope that My Luepolds are.
Either you need to take a trip to the eye doctor or stop buying fake Leupolds from ebay

Quick Reply: calling all simmons haters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.