Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 calling all simmons haters >

calling all simmons haters

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

calling all simmons haters

Old 06-12-2007, 09:53 AM

Default RE: calling all simmons haters

To say that Simmons is made by the same company as Weaver, Redfield is true. But, to make inferences as to the quality of thelatter brands based on the quality of the former is suspect. It would be paramount to inferring the quality of a Escalade from your experience with a chevette. True both are built by GM but that where the similarities end.

I've purchased three Weaver Grandslam Scopes in the past couple of years. All are excellent scopes in every aspect. I also have Weaver T36 scopes on two BR rigs. Weaver T series scopes are all too common on the Benchrest circuit to be considered junk.I have to experience with the new redfield scopes so I can't comment on them.

In my opinion Simmons is extremely low quality, but I've read enough of james b's comments to respect his opinion. If he says his Aetecs are good quality I will believe him. I doubt that it would convince me to go out and buy one though.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:02 AM

got a simmons on my 30-06. I was begining to question the scope for the accuracy problems. Now Ill just get myself a new nikon 3-9x40 matte black for it and then ill be good.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

To say that Simmons is made by the same company as Weaver, Redfield is true. But, to make inferences as to the quality of thelatter brands based on the quality of the former is suspect. It would be paramount to inferring the quality of a Escalade from your experience with a chevette. True both are built by GM but that where the similarities end.

I've purchased three Weaver Grandslam Scopes in the past couple of years. All are excellent scopes in every aspect. I also have Weaver T36 scopes on two BR rigs. Weaver T series scopes are all too common on the Benchrest circuit to be considered junk.I have to experience with the new redfield scopes so I can't comment on them.

In my opinion Simmons is extremely low quality, but I've read enough of james b's comments to respect his opinion. If he says his Aetecs are good quality I will believe him. I doubt that it would convince me to go out and buy one though.
It is good to hear the Weavers aren't junk. I had no experience with them prior to buying the one replacing that Simmons. AllI knew was that I liked the scope from the start. As I think I said in my original post; it was the scope I wanted originally. It's a shame that it cost me the money for my bipod to figure it out.Iwould respect almost anybodies opinion on the subject of firearms. I know almost nothing about firearms,but I'm learning.If gun knowledge was martial arts skill; I would know just enough to get my butt kicked. [/blockquote]
Old 06-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I won't buy any more as they dropped the 5 Inches of eye relief which was one of their stong points.[:@]. I bought several before they were gone.(OLD ONES)

I have also never had a problem with any of the Swift scopes that I have had. They sell good around here. Low price but pretty good quality.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:03 PM

I have a redhead(bass pro) scope that i just found out is made by simmons. Never had a problem with it either. It has been mounted on a .30-06 760 pump. That makes two simmons scopes with zero problems. Maybe I'm just lucky.