HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Looking for a Shotgun (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/190741-looking-shotgun.html)

bdog2003 05-07-2007 09:39 AM

Looking for a Shotgun

Im looking at a 12ga. Benelli Super Black Eagle semi auto. What do you guys think of this shotgun ? How much does a used one run ?Thanks

petrey10 05-07-2007 09:54 AM

RE: Looking for a Shotgun

very good shotgun... i would say usually 700-900 bucks used if in great condition....should be reliable

stalkingbear 05-07-2007 09:58 AM

I bought 1 some time ago and it's defective-I'm still waiting to miss a shot or waiting forit to malfunction in any way! :DUntil I bought my first benelli,I wondered what the fuss was all about. Now I know the reason why people like em so much. Unless yer gunna shoot 3.5" shells regularly, like for turkey gun,I would reccomend the 3" model benelli. Less money that way.

Adirondack Hunter 05-07-2007 02:54 PM

i hate em, not because there bad, but cuz i cant afford one! there supposed to be very nice, AND I WANT ONE REALLY BAD!

North Texan 05-07-2007 05:41 PM

I've got a Franchi 1-12. Same type gun, just doesn't shoot the 3.5" shells. 3" Shells will do all I ever want to do with it, anyway. And it is also $600 new.

MinnFinn 05-07-2007 07:20 PM

I really like my Benelli SBE II I've had for 1 season, especially for late season waterfowl with the 3 1/2" I used heavily on Canadaand lots of Snows last fall. I still use my older Benelli M1 / Super 90 3" for early season ducks,pheasants and sporting clays. They are a very reliable shotgun design from my experience. You just need to shoot a minimum 3 dram equivalent shell to operate the inertias bolt system poperly. I like that it's not the heavier forward balance of many modern gas operated shotguns. Easy to take down and clean. And if you ever have a round slip out of the magazine above the bottom trap door place with the bolt closed, it doesn't affect the operation. You can fire as usual, which a BrowningI have wouldn't do, without tearing it down and pulling out magazine spring of the Browning.

bdog2003 05-09-2007 10:35 AM

sounds like I should get this one and shoot it for a while.

mauser06 05-09-2007 10:50 AM

minnfinn...your right...they can be finicky with ammo...but after you cycle some rounds through them they break in. my buddy had one. morning we were goose huntin. afternoon we were shootin doves with light dove loads. but that gun had probably 5000+ rounds through it. i know 2 other guys that bought new ones..they took them out and shot turkey loads and heavy buckshot loads and after that they were fine with light loads.

i like how light they are..they are nice shotguns. cant say ive ever seen one jam or malfunction and we hunted with my buddys ALOT of days...if he wasnt carrying it his son was...ive busted some clays with it..

BOWHUNTERCOP 05-09-2007 10:55 AM

over rated, over priced.........You want the same type of working action and save yourself money, then look into the Stoeger 2000.

SwampCollie 05-09-2007 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

over rated, over priced.........You want the same type of working action and save yourself money, then look into the Stoeger 2000.
Unless you simply must have 3.5" shells, this is sorta true.

I don't think Benellis are over rated, they are fantasic guns. Over priced...no, not really. They can charge whatever they want for them. I think that their margins are too slim for gun shops though. They should let their dealers make a little money on them.

The stoeger is a great deal on a great gun. One of the few "bargain" models I would recommened with confidence. Its also the only stoeger gun I would ever consider owning, that is, if my 390 ever quits, which I don't see happening anytime soon....