HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   The gun that got away (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/190022-gun-got-away.html)

redhead522 04-30-2007 12:43 AM

The gun that got away

So how many guns do you regret not buying at the time, and are no longer available?

Me
[ul][*]Ruger PC9 (I didn't realize it was discontinued until last week)[*]A custom left handed Sako made by Mark Penrod[/ul]

Duffy 04-30-2007 08:16 AM

RE: The gun that got away

A new in the box Wincherster M70 featherwieght in 6.6X55 Sweedish Mauser. I had it in my hands and hesitated when it was on the block at auction. I may see one again and get a chance to buy it. But I have wished I'd bought it several times since.

Robin in Rocky

metaldonnieg 04-30-2007 10:37 AM

It hasn't been discontinued but I had a chance to get a brand new S&W .357 snubby (exact model escapes me) about a month ago for $250and I passed it up. Supposedly he just wanted to get rid of a few and was selling them at a loss or so a friend's dad who knows the owner of the shop was telling me.

The reason I passed it up?

I didn't want to go 15 minutes out of my way on the way back home for the weekend.

Boy do I regret that...

Tony Orlando and Dawn 04-30-2007 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: metaldonnieg

It hasn't been discontinued but I had a chance to get a brand new S&W .357 snubby (exact model escapes me) about a month ago for $250and I passed it up. Supposedly he just wanted to get rid of a few and was selling them at a loss or so a friend's dad who knows the owner of the shop was telling me.

You probably just saved yourself a trip. I don't see any gunshop selling S&W for almost $100.00 below wholesale! I'd say your friend or his dad was mistaken on the price.

halcon 04-30-2007 01:35 PM

Duffy

"A new in the box Wincherster M70 featherwieght in 6.6X55 Sweedish Mauser. I had it in my hands and hesitated when it was on the block at auction. I may see one again and get a chance to buy it. But I have wished I'd bought it several times since. "

HopeI didn't buyyour gun I recently bought one at a auction . I got it for $300 new in the box . It was the clasic

Maine Shooter 04-30-2007 03:44 PM

None really. For the most part if I know of one I want, I'l save and have it shorty thereafter. It's the ones I now wish I'd gotten but at that time didn't have any interest in them.

Ruger #1 .257 Roberts
M700 in .300 H&H
Ruger Hawkeye

well, ok there's a couple I knew about but when I decided to get them, they were gone:

Ruger SBH Hunter in 41 magnum
Ruger SBH Bisley hunter in .41 magnum
Ruger SBH Bilsey Hunter in .45 Colt
(I only got the standard 45 Colt Hunter)

Swampdog 05-03-2007 04:07 AM

Everyone that I did not buy at the time......LOL

eldeguello 05-03-2007 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: redhead522

So how many guns do you regret not buying at the time, and are no longer available?

Me
[ul][*]Ruger PC9 (I didn't realize it was discontinued until last week)[*]A custom left handed Sako made by Mark Penrod[/ul]

Too many to even recall all of them!!

Pawildman 05-03-2007 07:59 AM

Colt/Sauer SXS 12 ga. w/ .243 Win. Drilling. Saw one at a gun show last Feb., and walked. Have been kicking myself ever since.

Doe Dumper 05-03-2007 02:49 PM

Many in the Remington Classic line...