Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How Much Is Concealed? >

How Much Is Concealed?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How Much Is Concealed?

Old 04-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default How Much Is Concealed?

I bought my new winter concealed gun last night. While I was talking with the guy at the gun store, he mentioned that your concealed weapon couldn't show buldges in your clothing. Is that correct? They never covered anything like that in my concealed weapons class, they ony referred to concealed carry and open carry. Your thoughts and opinions, please.

Thanks Bryan
Old 04-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How Much Is Concealed?

Yea, it's not suppose to "print" so as every fool may recognize it and freak out. Obviously, alot depends on your body (tall, short, chunky, thin, etc) but usually an IWB holster and baggy (oversize) clothing is all that is necessary. Check the GlockTalk website and look under carry issues. They have lots-o-info there. Good luck.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's generally a bad idea to allow yourself to print. It defeats the purpose of concealing and can cause more problems that it solves. Keep in snug against your body and wear a loose shirt for cover if necessary.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whoever taught your class needs to have their certificate revoked for not teaching concealment. That is one of the most important points to CONCEALED CARRY.

I just completed my 3rd renewel, and this instructor PREACHED concealment. If there is a "print" or anything to let the "general public" even think you are carrying, your weapon is not concealed. I carry a S&W M38 airweight bodyguard, and even something that small is hard to conceal in the summer.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:44 AM

here in indiana we don't have to conceal them but when i carry mine conceled i don't want any one to know i have a gun so yeah you don't want bulges
Old 04-27-2007, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

Only thing they mentioned in nmy class was "totally concealed". I'm not
spending several hundred $$ to do this. Under shirt or jacket works for me.
Dan
Old 04-27-2007, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

he mentioned that your concealed weapon couldn't show buldges in your clothing. Is that correct?
No.

If you are talking aboutthelaw concerning concealed carry thenitisconsidered concealed regardless if you "print" or not. As long as it iscovered it is concealed. Buldges have nothing to do with the law.

Now if you are talking about how you should carry so that some thug or anti nutdoesn't know you are carrying then you should make sure that your gun, holster, and clothing choices do not allow the gun to "print" or buldge. It keeps the element of surprise on your side.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for your response's.

Thats what I needed to know bigbulls, thanks.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

im thinkin bout gettin a permit when i get older to be able to carry a concealed weapon. what do you guys me by "print"? am i missing something or is it a term i just dont know? thanks guys
Old 04-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

They mean the imprint of the gun showing thru clothing.

Quick Reply: How Much Is Concealed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.