HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Gun Related Items and Ebay (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/189165-gun-related-items-ebay.html)

retrieverman 04-21-2007 10:15 PM

Gun Related Items and Ebay

The media is having a field day with the fact that the Virginia Tech shooter bought a couple of pistol magazines off Ebay. I am sure that being as politically correct as Ebay is already that they will soon not allow even gun related items to be sold in their auctions. I have been a registered user of Ebay since December 1998 and have bought and sold many GUNS on the site. Thanks to them not allowing gun auctions, now we have Gunbroker and Auction Arms.

My bet is within the next month that there will be no more gun related items allowed on Ebay.

redhead522 04-21-2007 10:23 PM

RE: Gun Related Items and Ebay

What I don't get is would it have made a difference if he bought the things at a local gun store? I mean, there's thousands of places to buy gun magazines, why does it matter where?

retrieverman 04-22-2007 06:57 AM

The media is wanting to play the blame game, and now Ebay is their focus. The original report that I heard was that the kid bought his AMMO off ebay, and I am pretty sure that they haven't allowed ammo auctions in a few years. It wouldn't matter if he stole the guns, ammo, and magazines. It is going to be SOMEONE'S fault for having them to steal.

Maine Shooter 04-22-2007 08:06 AM

Yup, simply the media wanting to show the accessability of obtaining these items. They won't mention the perfetcly legal manner in which they were purchased. They'll simply want to raise public suspicion of these "proficient killing machines". They'll try to put a little less blame on the shooter and by showing this about his eBay purchse. it'll make some unknowing people think that somehow evay is to blame. Sad part is some pl will buy into that.
What I don't really get is how ppl are all worried about ebay stopping gun accessory auctions. Big deal. If the sellers and buyers want the items they'll simply go to GunBroker or Auction Arms. That'll take that revenue away from eBay and bring it to a more gun friendly site which is where most criers would want the funds anyways. Wouldn't that be a + for the gun folks anyways - keping $ in gun friendly company.

Paul L Mohr 04-22-2007 09:03 AM

The article I read this morning did say they were legally obtianed. And that E-bay was making every effort to help in the investigation. They even offered any assistance they could right after the shootings occurred.

From what I can tell he purchused a few 10 round clips for the .22 walther. Nothing shady about that. Legal clips for a rimfire target pistol. Nothing out of the ordinary about that.

I was thinking he was getting some of those extended clips for the Glock 9mm. It doesn't appear yet that this is what happened.

I hate ebay, I could personally care less if they limited themselves to selling McDonalds kids meal toys. Then again I don't buy things from the internet either. If I can't see it and touch it chances are you are not getting my money for it. I just haven't needed anything that bad yet to trust giving someone money over the net.

That's my hang up though.

Paul

mavwreck1975 04-22-2007 09:37 AM

Its just all part of the looney left's war on the firearms industry. They'll exploit this tragedy to further their own agenda which is apalling to say the least.[:@]