HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   POLICE TOOK MY GUNS.....ILLEGALLY....PLEASE HELP (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/188333-police-took-my-guns-illegally-please-help.html)

Rebel Hog 04-15-2007 12:32 PM

RE: POLICE TOOK MY GUNS.....ILLEGALLY....PLEASE HELP

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

This the same board that you posted this in the deer hunting section, and I seriously doubt that you will get any more sympathy in the gun section. Good luck though!

NJheadhunter71 04-15-2007 01:01 PM

Just press them for a date that they will be returned and GET RECIPTS of what they took from your house. Ask them at what point do they think you could get them back and what they want you to do in order to do so. Heck, if they took guns away on the fact that someoneadmitted that there depressed90% of this countrys law abiding citizens wouldn't have as much as a steak knife in their house! Sometimesverbage likeI told them that I would rather drop out of the academy now instead of continuing and possibly becoming so depressed that I could end up hurting someone or even myself.At one point after you said this you must have admitted that you were already in some sort of distress. They should give you a time frame on getting them back though, thats just not right. Also for gods sake don't say "I think I'm all better now"

Windwalker7 04-15-2007 01:04 PM

So what kind of guns did they take. Depending on what those guns were worth, it may be cheaper to just get new or slightly used.

If the purchase of a new is denied, it may be time to take up muzzleloader hunting.

Are muzzleloaders considered firearms in your state?

Also consider archery.

Maine Shooter 04-15-2007 02:31 PM

Anyone else find in at all odd that the starter of this thread hasn't responed at all?![&:]

DM 04-15-2007 03:08 PM

Anyone else find in at all odd that the starter of this thread hasn't responed at all?!
Actually what i find odd, is that you didn't seewhere he respondedon page two... :D

DM

kelbro 04-15-2007 03:50 PM

I'm thinking that in a situation that is this liberal, choosing not to fight it might be construed as sort of an admission of guilt. That's just the way that they think and how these types of laws get passed to begin with.

Maine Shooter 04-15-2007 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: DM

Anyone else find in at all odd that the starter of this thread hasn't responed at all?!
Actually what i find odd, is that you didn't seewhere he respondedon page two... :D

DM
:eek: geeze all in CAPS too. Maybe I need some rest. :(

Paul L Mohr 04-15-2007 04:46 PM

It doesn't matter if they wanted an excuse, you were not required by law to give them one. All you had to do was say you were resigning for personal reasons. Heck if you take a leave of absence or get ill you don't even by law have to tell them why, just give them the insurance code.

Like I said in the other thread, I was treated for accute depression, spent about a week in the hospital. Sort the same thing as you, but not quite. I went looking to get therapy and the only place available at short notice was the hospital. I had no intention of hurting myself, but when ask I said I wouldn't deny having thought about. After all my wife and kids had just left me. They asked if I felt like spending the night and I thought what could it hurt. They kept me for a week and started me on all sorts of medications I didn't want to take. I could have refused the drugs and walked out on my own since I admitted myself. However that would have been refusing treatment and my insurance would not have paid for it. So I went along with it.

My doctor told me flat out I did not have to tell them what was wrong with me, and that his advice was not to. He said it was not their right to know and if they had a problem with it to have them call him and he would advise them of that. He said to just tell them I was having medical problems that I didn't care to discuss with them.

I don't see where quiting would be any different, if anything it should be easier since you were not worried about keeping your job.

All you had to say is you didn't want to do the job anymore.

Unless you were obligated to stay there for a specified amount of time and were looking to get out of a contract of some sort. My brother worked in corrections, and I applied to the same place a few times. This place would train you, as opposed to you having to got to college and take a bunch of classes. However you had to work there at least one year, or you had to pay them back for the education.

Like I said in the other thread, I wish you the best of luck. I really think your next step should be to get a good lawyer that holds gun rights close to his heart. Maybe if you can get a hold of the NRA they can help you find one that would help you out.

Maybe you should find a legal forum, or gun rights forum to ask this question on. You wouldn't need to give that much information either, just the basics would be fine unless they ask for more.

Paul

MichaelT. 04-15-2007 05:42 PM

Just file your lawsuit for your guns, and show the inclusion of court costs, and lawyer fees. Outline your recourse with the fact , not your feelings, and see what they say. They may back down, but if not, go ahead. You sometimes have to spend money and stand up for your self in the name of whats right and Just. You may also have them rethinking their policy and stop them from doing it to others, if they see that people will not just roll over and give up. Thats just money in their pocket when they sell the guns.

hunterdeneugene 04-15-2007 06:00 PM

As far as I know police depts do not sell confiscated firearms, they usually destroy them. There is no way to know if they are a safe reliable firearm and the liability is just too high. The dept I used to work for has a plasma cutter for the job. Some pretty nice firearms get cut into tiny pieces. Confiscating and re-selling firearms is not a money making scheme.