HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Guns from Walmart (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/186855-guns-walmart.html)

BarePaw 04-02-2007 11:28 PM

Guns from Walmart

Has anyone noticed any difference between guns purchased at Walmart and guns of the same brand purchased elsewhere? I know some products sold at Walmart are made of cheaper materials than their supposedly identical counterparts at other stores (I've seen this with stereo equipment and clothing). For safety reasons, I would hope that guns would be different. Does anybody know for sure?

metaldonnieg 04-03-2007 12:23 AM

RE: Guns from Walmart

what you get at walmart is the exact same thing you'd get elsewhere as far as firearms go.

this has been beat to death here. do some searching and you'll likely find a lot of info about it.

retrieverman 04-03-2007 04:31 AM

ORIGINAL: BarePaw

Has anyone noticed any difference between guns purchased at Walmart and guns of the same brand purchased elsewhere? I know some products sold at Walmart are made of cheaper materials than their supposedly identical counterparts at other stores (I've seen this with stereo equipment and clothing). For safety reasons, I would hope that guns would be different. Does anybody know for sure?
The "SEARCH" feature needs to be removed from this message board because this is about the tenth time that I have seen this question asked on this forum alone. The answer is always the same too. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IN WALMART GUNS AND "GUNSHOP" GUNS IS THE PRICE. The WalMart price is the result of their mega buying power that local "mom and pop" shops can't even start to compete with. Is it fair? In my opinion, heck no! If WalMart had a gun that I wanted, would I go down the street to a local gun shop and pay more? HECK NO!!!

falcon 04-03-2007 04:36 AM

WalMart guns are no different than any others. There are no proper gun shops in Lawton, just rip-off pawn shops with FFL,i buy at WalMart and save big bucks.

sjsfire 04-03-2007 06:00 AM

Not cheaper grade materials just lower priced guns. You'll find the 870 Express, the Mossberg 500, etc. You won't find too many 1187's but before they dumped their gun sales you might see one. Weatherby Vangards were available at my local Walmart.Walmart also had either a Remington 1100 or a 1187 I can't remember which in a Sam Walton engraved model. I'm not a Walmart fan by no means but the same 870 Express is the same 870 Express you can by at your local mom and pop gun shop or any other sporting goods store. I'll also add that I have never bought a gun from Walmart. I have a friend that has his FFL.

BarePaw 04-03-2007 06:57 AM

The search function needs to be fixed, not removed. I did a search for walmart across all the forums and came up with nothing. Sorry if this is a repeat.
I'm not a fan of Walmart either. I've seen them kill off all the business in small towns. I was just curious about this and I don't know anybody who has purchased a gun from them.

BarePaw 04-03-2007 07:04 AM

Here:

retrieverman 04-03-2007 07:13 AM

ORIGINAL: BarePaw

The search function needs to be fixed, not removed. I did a search for walmart across all the forums and came up with nothing.
"Search" works fine. I just searched Walmart and came up with 10 pages in the last 6 months alone. Sorry if I offended, but the topic has been beat pretty hard.

t roy 04-03-2007 07:14 AM

Barepaw, I'e run into the same problem with the search function, it will work if you search one forum at a time. also you dont want to search huntingnet.com, use the forum search.

EKM 04-03-2007 07:28 AM

Walmart seems to be the ammo and weapons destination of choice for many on this site....
Walmart this, Walmart that....
They got a good deal on that ammo down at Walmart....
You can't get ammo for that rifle at Walmart....
My Walmart quit carrying guns.... yada, yada, yada

I would agree that the firearms are of the same quality....
However, they also don't stray very far from the center of the box, let alone step out of it (cartridge spacing)....

So for your first 22LR, 30-06, and 12 gauge it is an okay stop....
Personally I prefer www.gunbroker.com, Sportsmans Warehouse, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shop, and Cabelas....
Best deals have been at gunbroker.com though.