Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Guns from Walmart >

Guns from Walmart

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Guns from Walmart

Old 04-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Spike

Default Guns from Walmart

Has anyone noticed any difference between guns purchased at Walmart and guns of the same brand purchased elsewhere? I know some products sold at Walmart are made of cheaper materials than their supposedly identical counterparts at other stores (I've seen this with stereo equipment and clothing). For safety reasons, I would hope that guns would be different. Does anybody know for sure?
Old 04-03-2007, 12:23 AM

Default RE: Guns from Walmart

what you get at walmart is the exact same thing you'd get elsewhere as far as firearms go.

this has been beat to death here. do some searching and you'll likely find a lot of info about it.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BarePaw

Has anyone noticed any difference between guns purchased at Walmart and guns of the same brand purchased elsewhere? I know some products sold at Walmart are made of cheaper materials than their supposedly identical counterparts at other stores (I've seen this with stereo equipment and clothing). For safety reasons, I would hope that guns would be different. Does anybody know for sure?
The "SEARCH" feature needs to be removed from this message board because this is about the tenth time that I have seen this question asked on this forum alone. The answer is always the same too. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IN WALMART GUNS AND "GUNSHOP" GUNS IS THE PRICE. The WalMart price is the result of their mega buying power that local "mom and pop" shops can't even start to compete with. Is it fair? In my opinion, heck no! If WalMart had a gun that I wanted, would I go down the street to a local gun shop and pay more? HECK NO!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 04:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

WalMart guns are no different than any others. There are no proper gun shops in Lawton, just rip-off pawn shops with FFL,i buy at WalMart and save big bucks.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not cheaper grade materials just lower priced guns. You'll find the 870 Express, the Mossberg 500, etc. You won't find too many 1187's but before they dumped their gun sales you might see one. Weatherby Vangards were available at my local Walmart.Walmart also had either a Remington 1100 or a 1187 I can't remember which in a Sam Walton engraved model. I'm not a Walmart fan by no means but the same 870 Express is the same 870 Express you can by at your local mom and pop gun shop or any other sporting goods store. I'll also add that I have never bought a gun from Walmart. I have a friend that has his FFL.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Spike

The search function needs to be fixed, not removed. I did a search for walmart across all the forums and came up with nothing. Sorry if this is a repeat.
I'm not a fan of Walmart either. I've seen them kill off all the business in small towns. I was just curious about this and I don't know anybody who has purchased a gun from them.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Spike

Here:

Old 04-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BarePaw

The search function needs to be fixed, not removed. I did a search for walmart across all the forums and came up with nothing.
"Search" works fine. I just searched Walmart and came up with 10 pages in the last 6 months alone. Sorry if I offended, but the topic has been beat pretty hard.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:14 AM

Barepaw, I'e run into the same problem with the search function, it will work if you search one forum at a time. also you dont want to search huntingnet.com, use the forum search.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:28 AM
EKM
Typical Buck

Walmart seems to be the ammo and weapons destination of choice for many on this site....
Walmart this, Walmart that....
They got a good deal on that ammo down at Walmart....
You can't get ammo for that rifle at Walmart....
My Walmart quit carrying guns.... yada, yada, yada

I would agree that the firearms are of the same quality....
However, they also don't stray very far from the center of the box, let alone step out of it (cartridge spacing)....

So for your first 22LR, 30-06, and 12 gauge it is an okay stop....
Personally I prefer www.gunbroker.com, Sportsmans Warehouse, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro Shop, and Cabelas....
Best deals have been at gunbroker.com though.

Quick Reply: Guns from Walmart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.