Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Glock or XD .45 >

Glock or XD .45

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Glock or XD .45

Old 03-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Glock or XD .45

alright for a graduation present next year my dad said i would get 600 dollars and could use it how i wish. well i really wanna get a pistol. and i narrowed it down to the Glock 20 in 10mm or a Springfield armory XD .45. i shot my friends glock and really liked it. but ive also always like the .45 and the XD is lookin and feels like a good choice. what would you guys suggest? pros, cons? thanks guys.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:36 PM

Default RE: Glock or XD .45

I have owned both but for the money i would by a smith M&P40 hands down!
Old 03-19-2007, 05:54 PM

glock.. hands down.. ranagers in afghanistan were using 9mm sigs.. they switched to glocks.. i shot 3k rounds in mine and only put three drops of oil on it before the police academy.. on top of that you can spend about 30 bucks for a piece that goes in your trigger, lightens it from 5.5 to 3.5 lbs.. and i wouldn't get a 10mm, i'd get the .45 or the .40 for various reasons.. i actually like the .40 more than the .45.. but thats just me.. advice: buy as many mags as you can afford, before too long they'll ban hi cap mags again and you'll want at least 10, the rest yuo can sell and buy another glock or xd.. i like the glock b/c it's easy to operate, clean, and shoot ACCURATELY.. also sits lower in the hands than a springfield or mp .40....
Old 03-19-2007, 07:11 PM
bigcountry

I have owned glock, and recently a few weeks ago shot the XD, and think that 45ACP XD handle is just too big and I got pretty large hands. I liked them both and like the features of XD, but still like the no nonsense approach of Glock. Take out, rachet a round, and let it rip.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the replies guys, definitly gonna need to think about wut im gonna do
Old 03-19-2007, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with footballplay. The 1st auto pistal I've ever bought was golck 22 and it was unbelievable accurate. I ended up trading for a XD and wish someone had kicked me for trading. The XD is a nice gun...butit didn't shoot near asaccurate as the glock and I never really like the trigger. I ended up trading back in about 3 weeks later. Unfortunatly my 22 was gone so I upgraded to the 35 and like it even better than my the 22. It is very accurate. My dad just got an M&P this past week. He said it shot really good.I should get to shoot it this coming weekend. I also have a para 45. If you are going to get a 45 that is a good one to get. I love mine. I've had my eye on one of those Kimber custom shop 45's also. Just saving up my bones for one.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you like the .45 ACP why not get the fullsize Glock 21 or the compact Glock 30? I personally like Glocks better but the XD may appeal to you more. I just picked up a Glock 23 a few weeks ago and have been really impressed with it thus far. It is an accurate pistol and amazingly simple. One major advanatge to the Glock would be the availability of parts and accessories.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not owned or handled the Springfield, but I do currently own a couple of Glocks and have owned several in the last few years. I am a "gun trader", so the fact that I have owned several doesn't mean that I disliked any that I have parted with. Someone else just liked them more than me. That being said, I am currently in possession of a G17 and G23, and of the two, I am quite fond of the 40 cal. I have not owned a G20, but I have owned a Colt 10mm and am not fond of the caliber. I have owned a G21 which is a 45 cal, and it was too large for my hands. In my opinion and like others have said, a 40 cal is a better caliber choice whether you go with a G22, G23, or M&P 40. My brother in law is a LEO and has just received a S&W M&P 40 as a duty weapon, and he absolutely loves it. One nice thing about the S&W is that the grip can be customized to fit your individual hand size.

After all my rambling, it is your money and your choice. I wish you all the best.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:40 PM

Get a Glock, the original is always the best one.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Typical Buck

I own a XD 40 and I love it. I have shoot a few glocks but I went with my XD and Im glad I did

Quick Reply: Glock or XD .45

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.